mobius writing invalid mov file

modeler

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
My mobius as dashcam used to work perfectly, but recently i am unable to record clips i would like to.
the cam still recording, everything look fine, generate same kind of file with proper created time and proper file size, except that some mov file cannot be opened.
there are no particular reason for this to happen, either power line, the length of operating time are all same, and some clips are ok, some not. I have two mobius and both having same issue.
What could be the possible reason:
temperature? now is in summer heat, but I know previously it works in summer.
Power? I used hobby grade 5v BEC to turn down 12 v, that could be an issue, maybe those hobby parts deteriorate over time.
SD card? what speed and capacity SD card to be safe used in mobius?
I used super capacitor before, now switched back to lipo battery, no change.

Try using a different microSD card. You want a quality, authentic name brand micro SDHC card with a class rating of 10 or above such as Transcend or Kingston.

My mobius as dashcam used to work perfectly, but recently i am unable to record clips i would like to.
the cam still recording, everything look fine, generate same kind of file with proper created time and proper file size, except that some mov file cannot be opened.
there are no particular reason for this to happen, either power line, the length of operating time are all same, and some clips are ok, some not. I have two mobius and both having same issue.
What could be the possible reason:
temperature? now is in summer heat, but I know previously it works in summer.
Power? I used hobby grade 5v BEC to turn down 12 v, that could be an issue, maybe those hobby parts deteriorate over time.
SD card? what speed and capacity SD card to be safe used in mobius?
I used super capacitor before, now switched back to lipo battery, no change.
How often do you format your card? You need to do this from time to time. If it's a small capacity card and you've used it a lot it may be time to replace it.

How often do you format your card? You need to do this from time to time. If it's a small capacity card and you've used it a lot it may be time to replace it.
I've gotten into the habit of reformatting once a week for this exact same issue. If you don't ever format the card, it corrupts easily over time.

As you're facing this problem with both the units while nothing else has changed, I sense a problem with the device(s) you're connecting the Mobius/MicroSD to or playing back the videos on.

Back