Motion Detect Captures Snooper...

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
A frame grab from video recorded by SGZC12RC while my car was parked...

image.jpg

Looks like Apple are following in the tyre tracks of Google Maps, but years after Google's visit.

Last edited:
I passed what I thought might have been a Google van a few weeks ago, on the A14 Eastbound, approaching the B1049 'Histon' junction.
That stretch of road has recently had some major works done, so perhaps the van was there to picture the new look.

The State Highway Department here has a truck similarly equipped. It is used to 'road test' pavement conditions at speed and is supposed to be good to 1mm measurements at 50MPH. You'd never think they use it driving on our roads though.

Phil

I passed what I thought might have been a Google van a few weeks ago, on the A14 Eastbound, approaching the B1049 'Histon' junction.
That stretch of road has recently had some major works done, so perhaps the van was there to picture the new look.

Google cars are usually identified. They don't loose an opportunity to promote the company. :)

the big white van looks like a typical TV news van to me.
Not likely. News vans nowadays all transmit via satellite links and I don't see any satellite dishes.

Looks like a sat rig folded up at the front to me.
Well, I don't know every system out there but here the news vans have dishes the size of the van's roof, so they are very noticeable.
I'm not trying to start a knowledge war here :) but usually TV broadcasting doesn't use the type of frequencies those small antennas are designed for.

Well, I don't know every system out there but here the news vans have dishes the size of the van's roof, so they are very noticeable.
I'm not trying to start a knowledge war here :) but usually TV broadcasting doesn't use the type of frequencies those small antennas are designed for.

I've never seen them driving around with the dish up, they fold down here

here's what i saw at that gas station around the corner from my house, where the police officer was shot while refueling his police car.

news-trucks.png

I've never seen them driving around with the dish up, they fold down here
Nor I said that. Of course they wouldn't be driving around with the dishes up! :D
What I said is that those dishes are usually very visible even when folded down.

Anyway, TV broadcasting' external units don't have any other type of antennas apart from the satellite dishes. The van in the picture 2000rpm posted seems more like some kind of weather monitoring unit or GSM coverage monitoring unit. I've seen a couple of very similar ones around here, belonging to the company who does those coverage tests for the cellphone operators.

Back