Motion Detection

Neil J BERRY

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I gather that "Motion Detection" is supposed to work when you have parked the vehicle. If there is no movement detected in the field of view, the camera goes into standby. Should something move into the field of view, and it is over the threshold you have it set at (LOW, MIDDLE or HIGH), the camera will start recording until such time as there hasn't been any further movement for 15 seconds.

Please advise if I understand this correctly?

My camera just keeps recording after parking, even inside a completely sealed garage with no lighting/movement of any kind.

So I have now turned the "Motion Detection" to off and still it continues to record once parked in the garage.

it would only continue to record if you continue to power it, wire it to an ignition switched source if you don't want that

Hi Neil
So in that case, what is the point of "Motion Detection"? I don't get it, sorry.

Welcome to the world of 'advertised features' from this manufacturer.
Perhaps Rayman.Chan [Manufacturer] might care to advise this buyer.

There are quite a few threads on issues with the mini0806 camera.

Mmmm. Doesn't seem to work at all! I love the compact form, the clarity of the video is great. The fitting and plug in hardwire kit was excellent. Pity it doesn't work like it is supposed to.
I will try and get my money back. Wish me luck.

The motion detection does not work at all. I tried different firmware, as well as setting the sensitivity to low, medium and high. The camera just keeps recording continuously.

I'm yet to try the "Motion Detection" while it is connected to a switched power supply. At the moment I just switch it off at the unit when I'm finished in the car. I'll let you know when I have finally got around to trying that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Mini 0806 27
Back