Multi Channel Dash Cam Recommendations

spookynet

Reaction score
Hello all! I've been with this multi channel dash cam hype for few months now and looking for a proper solution and looking out for your recommendations. I was out in this forum and on ebay but couldn't really find what I was looking for. I'm in search for a front and rear built in single-unit dash cam capturing 720p or 1080p wide angle on both lenses at minimum 30fps. Preferred the rear cam with IR LEDs to get some visibility of the cabin at night. Good video quality is the main thing that I'm looking for. If the unit is small in size and comes with a screen, that would be great! GPS, G-Sensor and motion detection would be good to have but not so much required. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

Re: Muli Channel Dash Cam Recommendations

don't think your preferred spec exists at this point in time

Thanks for the reply. But is there anything that gets close? :) I've ordered one i1000 multi cam and waiting for its arrival. The one I ordered is a bit different than the one in this forum. It has 4 IR LEDs at the rear camera as well. I'm yet to find out whether that also does 720p recording with those IR LEDs supporting it at night. Does anybody know about this? Thanks!

Rear cam is SD, a problem model unfortunately which is a shame as the design concept was good I thought

The IR LEDs in the front cam are "nice to have" but absolutly useless :D .
There is no difference at the night videos with and without the IR illumination.
Even more: I wonder why these IR LEDs have been added to the cam. Did you ever use an IP camera with IR and tried to capture a picture out of the windows into the dark? You want see anything because the IR light is reflected by the windows glass.
My guess is when the IR in the front cam would be more powerful you will get the same picture - nothing :D .
I turned the LEDs off permanently.
In future I will mount my F70 in the head line in the cars rear section and use another full HD for front view recording.

Regards

Back