Multi safer install

Finger

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I ran a new accessory socket to the back of my hatch to run a rear dash cam.

I used automotive electrical cable and and a fuse tap to the accessory. The cable is about 3-4m long. I'm planning on adding a multi safer to this circuit so I have rear park monitoring.

I understand I can add the multi safer at the end of the automotive cable and use the attached socket to power the dash cam but then the multi safer will be in the hatch of the vehicle which isn't convenient.

Is it possible to cut the socket off the end of the multi safer and hook the automotive cable to those wires and run it to the accessory in the hatch this way the multi safer can be installed beside the driver's seat for easy access.

Will this cause any voltage fluctuations running additional cable after the multi safer as to opposed to running it before?

Hope that makes sense.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

If you want to put the MS (multisafer) in-line with the acc-socket in the rear you'll probably be exeding the output limit of 2A for the MS output-gate (12V female socket).

Why don't you just put the MS into the fuse at the acc-position in the rear, with an add-a-fuse, that way, you'll be able to put the MS to it's own power while the ACC-socket could be used for higher power demanding purposes, like a mini-fridge.

The multi safer would be on its own fuse

I've attached a pic of what I want to do. The acc in the back will be solely for the dash cam, I won't use that acc for anything else

6b74c0ac4aa4fc09058b941b2536ba0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Back