Multitude of findings / issues with a139pro

alvinlimitsme

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
I've gotten my a139pro 2CH dashcam with hardware kit back in mid November 2023 and have been plagued with issues ever since.

1) [Manageable problem] Parking auto detection mode - Came to learn that it records EVERYTHING. Including light flickering. So its not really that "smart". To caveat this, i've set to low bit rate recording. Good to have - if there is some AI capability for human or impact only.
2) [Resolved] Camera goes into constant beep mode. Recordings are missing although the voice notification is saying "2 CH recording started". Its a so called "Fake recording". Was using original Viofo 256gb SD card and followed the troubleshooting steps to format. Doesnt work. Ended up purchasing a Sandisk max endurance 256gb and was working for 3 weeks until hardware issue came in point #3.
3) [Unresolved] Dashcam keeps going into a restart loop. Attempted several troubleshooting
a) Tried 3 different SD cards.
b) Tried to flash the firmware.
c) Tried a different USB C power source.
Facebook post : https://www.facebook.com/reel/1822718631523054
Viofo support ticket: #136291
Reached out to Viofo support and they mentioned the front camera maybe faulty(just 1.5 months of usage?) and wanted me to send it back to China for inspection.
4) [Manageable problem] Hardware kit set to disable at 12.4v however it still continues to drain the battery. I disabled parking mode during certain periods.

what is the final story?
After troubleshooting Viofo support acknowledge the faulty camera and requested me to ship it back to China before sending me a replacement unit. I have to bear all the cost for shipping both ways.

Back