Music, inspires you

Another song of remembrance. On this day in 1975 the Edmund Fitzgerald sank in a storm, just one of the many "lakers" which have foundered in the capricious November storms on the Great Lakes between Canada and the US.

I really don't watch any TV, but here's one of Ellen DeGeneres' past shows with a young, Canadian guest who sounds remarkably like the King. Just pretend it's December...

Here's another "Playing for Change" song of a very popular tune.

"Playing for Change's" mission is to bring people together from all over the world with music.

Incidentally Roger Ridley (Santa Monica, CA) died about 20 years ago and Grandpa Elliott (New Orleans, LA) just died 2 months ago in New Orleans...

Here's another great inspirational piece sung by Susan Boyle during Britain's Got Talent many years ago. 257 million views so far! - - Perhaps you've seen this already... if not, Enjoy!

ps: Susan Boyle's dream did indeed come true!

Last edited:
I have listened to a lot of 60ties John Mayall and the Blues breakers.

This particular album,,,,, as old as i am myself.

Also pretty Amazing the people that have been thru that band to later go solo / do other things.

I was fortunate enough to see John Mayall in person many years ago :D Music used to be huge for me but with my increasing deafness and one ear catching only a few very limited tone ranges it isn't as enjoyable as it once was :(

Phil

but with my increasing deafness and one ear catching only a few very limited tone ranges it isn't as enjoyable as it once was :(
I can relate. I sometimes feel like I'm down to hearing 6 notes - low, medium and high and 2 versions of each, soft and loud. :banghead:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Off Topic 0
Dashmellow Off Topic 28
Back