My A139 3-channel acting up

DashCamUser123

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Recently, my A139 3-channel has been acting up. Used this cam for a year or over?

I press the middle yellow button to change from 2-channel to 3-channel and back. I keep my fingers pressed. In the past it would automatically activate the 2-channel or 3-channel mode with the 2 beeps. Recently, when I press that button, not all the time but often enough, the "Video Saved" is activated with multiple rapid beeps. I keep my fingers on the button hoping it will overside that error, "Video Saved mode is still on. Finally one beep goes and I get messages like "1 channel recording", lights keep moving (red, blue, red, etc.) and finally with my intervention by pressing the bluetooth button, it goes 2-channel recording or goes '1-channel recording' or '3-channel recording'.

Is that yellow button failing? Internals failing?

Sometimes I can haer the camera rebooting after I switch from 2-channel to 3-channel and back. It is summer here in Ottawa so not sure if heat plays a part in the cam internals?

Nothing personal against Viofo but the A139 design with the very senstive wire connector is flawed. They were probably trying a new design to compete with other companies but it's the connectors to the cams that is flawed. They have gone back to a more stable USB connector in the A229 Plus and Pro series like in previous models in the A129 series. This issue is not related to the problem I am experiencing above.

Anyone else experience these issues in the A139 cams?

Wow I didn't know the yellow button could do that.

Well, it may be the cables again. Each time I bring my car into the dealership for regular scheduled maintenance I unplug the wires from the 3 dashcams (front, interior and rear). I may have forgotten how the cables were tucked away after I reconnect the wires to the dashcams.

Tonight I stuck the cables up into the lining and no problem so far. Those cables are so finicky, they have to be locked down so no movement can affect them. If no issues continue, then I know it was the cables.

Wow I didn't know the yellow button could do that.
It beats having to go into the app each time because I have to turn off VPN, connect to wifi, etc. That yelow button makes it easier to select 2 cams or 3 cams. I will eventually get the A229 Plus with voice command and more secure USB connectors.

Back