My C3

cf7

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
INNOVV..C3. Xiaomi Yi Dashcam
Got my C3 ..
It is amazing just like Niko's pictures. Tons of accessories included, so I don't have buy them separately.

One noticeable thing is the camera bracket...the plastic is much thicker and hold the C3 way more secure.

Charged the C3.
Plug in the 32gbit card.. took a short video.. works...

I tried it with the head gear and went for a drive.
I was expecting a lots of shaking due to my head always scanning the traffic.
The video turned out very good both day and night time.
since the camera is on left side of my head, the field gained a lot on the left and lost the same amount of field on the right. it is as expected..I will move the camera to the right side later and try again.

I will post more as I get familiar with the C3.

Took C3 on a 7C temp bike ride. I was wearing the head band and it was not mounted on bike.
With external battery pack, I went out for 3 hrs, it just kept recording..not a single issue.
I will post some pic later.
however, when I was inside a mall, some people just find my camera a bit surprise but they did not object.

[UOTE="cf7, post: 98950, member: 4455"]Took C3 on a 7C temp bike ride. I was wearing the head band and it was not mounted on bike.
With external battery pack, I went out for 3 hrs, it just kept recording..not a single issue.
I will post some pic later.
however, when I was inside a mall, some people just find my camera a bit surprise but they did not object.[/QUOTE]

You did wear it on head and walked around in the mall?

I did it when I was in Hong Kong exhibition, people were interested.

I tested mine when i got it, and the girl at the burger joint did notise it, but she still smiled when i was chatting her up :)

Perhaps i shouldent have been chatting her up as i estimate she was young enuff to be my grandchild that is if i had gotten kids myself :D
Ppl also notised the cam at the fishing contest the following weekend, but nobody asked about it :cool:

I think i will make this side swap too, and then testwear if for some shopping tomorrow

I shortened the loop with the behind the ear wearing band today.
It is a slightly more difficult mod as the wire must be bent back.
I cut total of 3/4 inch off...equally for both side.. rebent the wire to fit back the housing.
key of success is is the angle of the bent wire. short wire tail must spread side way a bit .
in that case, it will to keep the ear loop in ward and will not pop out from ear.

I found the loop sits too far out behind the neck.. so when I move my head up..the wire loop hits my neck and cause the camera to move.

Yes the loop is plenty big, but not a huge problem for me as a allways wear my trusty hat and the loop is smaller then the brim.

here is an pic ..
rear screw is course thread..so be sure not to swap with ear hanger screw.

when you reassemble..put rear screw frist...then insert ear hanger and the 2 screws..as usual..do not over tight...this is plastic housing.

I may add some epoxy in future to strengthen the support area.

Last edited:
I found that i aparently drive my car with my head tilted a little to the right, so i have to adjust the camera a little to compensate for that.

Driving with the C3 dont really work for me, first off i have the 90 deg lens witch capture less, and i find that the camera wire limit my head movement and dont follow where i look as good as my eyeballs allso move in ther sockets.

FF to 0:50 for onbord C3 footage in car.

Yesterday , a car cut in front of me by inches on the highway.
however, when I looked at the recording.. it seems to be not too bad on video.

bad drivers everywhere.

I found sometimes tired of wearing the C3 while driving. so I hanged the wearable on the rear view mirror...
it just work great. of course..the wire will hangs down.
video will not be moving as much.

I drove a long trip about 16 hours of non-stop driving.
C3 has no issue of recording.
I was wearing C3 with the ear mount..I have to say...I started feeling uncomfortable after 6 hours of wearing it.
The pressure on the side was bugging me.
I had to hang it up on rear view mirror.
btw..no interesting episodes on the road.

Back