My first few examples N4 Pro

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
I have added 6 files, each about a minute long and you will see the white balance changes and the audio affected by presumably the mount. Once that sound became too annoying, I turned off the microphone, so some have no sound. In the interior example you will see how the cam switches from colour to black and white in the same journey.

Paul.

Going to black and white on the cabin cam is it switching to night mode using it's IR LEDs. You can switch that feature off, but no idea why it's kicking in at a time there would appear to be plenty of light to record without night mode.

The rattle might be related. There's a mechanical filter that moves away from the lens path (inside the camera) when in night mode. It might be that that's rattling. Do you get the rattle both at night and during the day - the filter will be in different positions in day/colour vs night/b&w/IR modes?

It was making the noise both night and day.

I'm wondering if the CPL is on tight enough and whether that might make any difference?

I might remove it to rule that out.

No, only on the recording

Looks like you have experience of many dashcams but, have to ask, I assume there's nothing like a cable resting on the dashcam? I.e. something external touching it that's rattling? I also assume the mount appears tight?

Everything is as it should be, yeah.

I re-applied the CPL this afternoon, and I kept turning it until I felt It wouldn't turn any further.

This sound problem, may well be gone. Need to check files on PC later, but as I used the playback on my phone didn't hear it...

Solution may well be to be sure the CPL is fully screwed on.

Paul.

Looks like the English summer are as they mostly are.
Even if i do no longer handle heat as good as i use to do, i would prefer a stable high presure over Denmark and then also hot weather this time of the year, CUZ that give me low winds which i prefer for my shooting hobby.

Though the temperatures they see these days down south, well those i like to be without, CUZ 40 deg C or more, i remember that working abroad and really that is no fun at all.

Please be sure your CPL is very secure - if you don't it may well actually vibrate enough to create audible interference.

In this clip, the filter was screwed very firmly in place and the awful noise has stopped.

Please be sure your CPL is very secure - if you don't it may well actually vibrate enough to create audible interference.

In this clip, the filter was screwed very firmly in place and the awful noise has stopped.

What prevented you from immediately tightening the CPL filter as it should be? :unsure:

What prevented you from immediately tightening the CPL filter as it should be? :unsure:

I just screwed it on (its a small depth of thread as you'll know, so I just screwed around a few times) and then tried to adjust it - probably anti-clockwise to find the best setting - and it seems that at that point, it wasn't enough.... maybe...

Paul.

I just screwed it on (its a small depth of thread as you'll know, so I just screwed around a few times) and then tried to adjust it - probably anti-clockwise to find the best setting - and it seems that at that point, it wasn't enough.... maybe...

Paul.
Next time, screw the filter to the end of the thread and adjust it clockwise and everything will be fine. ;)

I've noticed quite high motion blur, even in good light conditions and relatively low speed. This seems to be caused by the 'slow' exposure of the HDR.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 145450.png Screenshot 2023-07-20 145708.png Screenshot 2023-07-20 145732.png

I've noticed quite high motion blur, even in good light conditions and relatively low speed. This seems to be caused by the 'slow' exposure of the HDR.

View attachment 66451 View attachment 66452 View attachment 66453
Me too. HDR today I think takes two exposures at different exposure levels which may individually be sharp, but then merges them to form a single HDR frame. If the subject has moved between the two exposures the result can be a bit of a mess.

I have HDR off now. For me it's a better compromise to have sharper results, even if they're a bit noisy should I have to change the exposure retrospectively.

The rear camera seems pretty much OK so far:

Even running the the latest firmware - so no fix so far?
Through the application, the rear camera firmware on my N4 Pro has not been updated.
Although I flashed the DVR 3 times with an earlier firmware version from a memory card, and then updated it through the application.
Where is the firmware of the rear camera on the offsite, I found it only in the evening.
There was simply no time to update the firmware on the N4 Pro and check its operation with new firmware today.:(
When I have time and mood, I'll check everything.

Back