My G90 freezes please help

VlaDracula

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hello ,

I use a G90 zxA770-785-S-H firmware.
The cam freezes from time to time especially when i turn the engine off and then turn it on .
After the first engine start the cam works good but as i said then starts to act weirdly & the video freezes.

Thanks

Welcome to DCT forum !

- What memory card brand / model / class do you use ?
- Try to format memory card inside dascam.
- Eject memory card and try to do few start-stop engine tests and see how it's behaves without memory card.

Thanks for your reply

-I use class 10 ,32 GB sd card the model is sandisk ultra.
-How do i format the card when its inside the cam ? I've formatted the card several times already using a card-reader
-I'ii do the engine tests , not sure what should i expect for ?

Thanks for your reply

-I use class 10 ,32 GB sd card the model is sandisk ultra.
-How do i format the card when its inside the cam ? I've formatted the card several times already using a card-reader
-I'ii do the engine tests , not sure what should i expect for ?

1. SanDisk has not good feedback from using in dashcams. For some it works, for some not.
2. Go to menu settings, find "format card" option
3. multiple start / stop of car engine without memory card inserted will give you an answer to dashcam "freeze" problem you having now. If without memory card inserted dashcam boot-up flawlessly ( without freezing ) after few engine start/stop, then it's for sure memory card problem.
4. also please try other brand memory card ( not sandisk )

Great explanation
What sd card does a better job with dash-cam ?

Great explanation
What sd card does a better job with dash-cam ?

These days there are many good / reliable MicroSD cards for dashcam use. Most important to buy from reputable reseller ( pref. local ) to get a genuine memory card.
I have a good experience with Lexar 300x-, Transcend 300x-series, but there are many other good ones out there. Go with branded ones and not "no-name". Better pay few $ more to get locally from reputable reseller.

Sandisk is a no-name ?

Did the test for several times ,there were no freezes when the memory card was out.

Abot SD card formatting- Does the way i format it makes a deference ?
There is "format" option but no "card format" one , i afraid to format the dash-man using "format" option

Last edited:
Sandisk is a no-name ?

Did the test for several times ,there were no freezes when the memory card was out
I didn't say Sandisk is no-name.
Sandisk has so called "white-edition" which is meant to be for action- and dashcameras. Other Sandisk series have reputation of "so-so" depending on dashcam model used.
@"no-name" memory cards I meant other less known cheaper brands or even well known brands ( cheap price ) from unknown sellers. In many cases they sell fakes.

I just noticed that i can choose formatting method when i format the sd card
i can choose between Fat 32\ntfs\exFat
is there any deference between the three ?

I just noticed that i can choose formatting method when i format the sd card
i can choose between Fat 32\ntfs\exFat
is there any deference between the three ?
This is the choice when you format on PC. Please format inside dashcamera. It will "adopt" microsd to its own environment.

Last edited:
When the card is in, i don't have "format card" option
the only option i do have is "format" , won't it format the firmware ?

When the card is in, i don't have "format card" option
the only option i do have is "format" , won't it format the firmware ?

No, "format" means memory card formatting.
Firmware can be formatted only if you flash to new / old / previous firmware by using special file which is uploaded to microsd.
There is also an option "factory settings reset / or restore", this is just to reset to factory default settings.

I don't know what went wrong
the sound quality is OK but the picture is 100% frozen
i hope after changing the sd card the picture will improve.

I don't know what went wrong
the sound quality is OK but the picture is 100% frozen
i hope after changing the sd card the picture will improve.

Yeah, please try another memory card.

Back