My mobius

powderchecker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had it installed and gave it a test, WOW!! It's idiot proof so should suit me perfectly. The quality is great and where situated in my vehicle its nearly impossible to see since the mirror has various 'extras' so there's a plastic block to the right of the mirror anyway so have the Mobius positioned left. Within the first 15 seconds of testing, a Van had cut a junction narrowly feet away from hitting me head on, then just sat there forcing me to reverse whilst driving towards. Had there have been a collision I dare say he may well have contested I had been overtaking the parked vehicle before the junction, but with the footage you can see me overtake, get back in and then round comes white van man!

Very happy with this purchase.:)

its a bloody good camera, but I wish I could get some support on the issue I have been having for a couple of weeks now about it not recording after sitting for a couple of days without powering it up. but no one seems to be able to assist, seems like I am the only one with the issue.
do you use super capacitor?

@wozzzzza I have answered you on your post on the Support thread.

Totally agree with OP.
This is my first dashcam I bought. Not the first choice. I bought a $14 unit on ebay just for trying out which never arrived. Got my refund. Then found this forum.
Thought I must have a screen to help aiming and review recordings. Totally not necessary.
My car have a tint strip on my windshield so mounts like suction cup and double sided tape are out.
I spent hours on this forum, read all models , test and comparisons decide to buy a Mobius c/w a/v out cables from electoponline 365(sp). For the video quality, versatility, value for money, support and easy DIY mounting. (Mounted mine on rear view mirror intermediate link with magnets for easy mount and removal). So - so night recording is acceptable.
My car have a builtin 7" DVD player which I can use to see recordings with the a/v out cable which I've yet to use.
I just eyeball the camera's aiming direction, made sure it's horizontal and aiming slightly downwards and is good enough.
Should I witness an accident or something of interest, I just remove the camera from it's mount and aim it in the general direction. Work great.
I've set,
mode 1 for dashcam with 180 degrees reverse.
mode 2 for normal use, Just in case. no reverse.
Have not played with photo or time lapse yet.
Very happy with purchase.

Back