Mystery parcel

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
So today going to visit my mother i checked my mail box, and to my surprise there was a parcel / envelope there ( with my name on it )

IMG_20210126_151606.jpg

Only problem what is inside it i can not use ( not anything i have ordered ) and as there are no info at all i can not return the things or contact the sender.

IMG_20210126_151620.jpg

Now i have just installed and started up my CCTV again, but i have had no use for any of those for CCTV or anything else.

I can only assume it is from a place where i might have gotten some CCTV stuff before ( appear to be express shipped from Germany, but ?? who the carrier are )
And then somehow my name have gotten on a shipping to some other Dane.
I sure do hope i have not started sleep shopping :LOL: that would be very bad as i am not able to afford stuff like that.

Last edited:
Haha yeah could be something like that, i have just contacted the guys in China i got my new IP camera from, thinking maybe they forgot to put those in the parcel and just shipped those in a letter subsequent.
I have not checked my bank yet, but looking at recites from the ATM machine there have been no suspicious visa purchases.

Maybe it was just a forewarning for what i found in my mothers mail box, i found more letters in her mail box than i get in 6 months :) so she got.
A offer for a nursing home ( which she do not want though it is sorely needed )
X 2 the same letters but taped together, and postal dont bundle letters like that so must have been the idiot sender ,,,, some gooberment branch.
And gooberment here often send stereo letters ( not by accident ), and why not it is the idiot tax payers that are paying for the stamps. :rolleyes:
A 750 Dkkr media check that all old people apparently are eligible for
And a letter saying she cant have some pensioner check ( unknown amount as of now, but due to her having to many money in the bank, she are not eligible for that )
And finally a letter from some pensioners organization trying to get their hands on her money too.

A couple of years ago a received a large box with a ready to assemble radio flyer training tricycle with my name on it and my address but the invoice was made to a different person with a California address. The invoice included the phone number for that person and I contacted her to let her know that I have received her order by mistake but then she said that she never ordered such a thing and that she was going to make sure her accounts where not charged. I also checked mine for several weeks to see if there was any suspicious activity bun nothing happened in my end. I also called radio flyer to verify the order number but they couldn't tell me anything about it either. So where did that came from :unsure: :unsure:? I kept the package for a while to see if anyone would contact me to claim it back and no body did. Since I have no children of my own I gave it to one of my neighbors for her kid.

I forgot about another mystery package I received about 5 years ago. A cheap Chinese tattoo kit with some little bottles if ink included in the package and I don't know anything about tattoos or didn't have the intention of learning how to make one. No invoice on that one but also no accounts of mine where charged for it.
I don't understand how those scams are done or who is being targeted.

I forgot about another mystery package I received about 5 years ago. A cheap Chinese tattoo kit with some little bottles if ink included in the package and I don't know anything about tattoos or didn't have the intention of learning how to make one.
missed your opportunity to get into the industry on the cheap :D

cheaper.jpg

Apparently it's all to do with posting 5 star reviews in your name as a verified purchaser.

Got a RPLY from the guys in China, it was them that sent the plugs.

the Amazon review system is so easily manipulated, hard to put any faith in any review there

Spot on. Always read the 1 and 2 star reviews. Some 5 star reviews are obviously fake with just a one to three word sentence that tell you nothing.

If it's a brand you've never heard of be wary.

Spot on. Always read the 1 and 2 star reviews. Some 5 star reviews are obviously fake with just a one to three word sentence that tell you nothing.

If it's a brand you've never heard of be wary.
I generally ignore the 1 and 5 star reviews, the 2, 3 and 4 are more likely to have some real reviews mixed in amongst them

I generally ignore the 1 and 5 star reviews, the 2, 3 and 4 are more likely to have some real reviews mixed in amongst them
Same here. 1 star (if real) are often an overreaction to a simple, non-product related issue "Product is great but the postal service left it in the rain and the package got wet." or a user error "I ordered the wrong thing and had to send it back." and my favorite 5 star reviews "I haven't used it yet but it got here quick" and "Easy ordering" - like ordering from Amazon is hard.

I appreciate free parcels in my mail box, just like to know they are coming and who the sender is :) it is sort of the same relationship i have with my phone.
I want people to call as soon as it is something relevant, but if it is not i prefer they sit on the information until i see them, and then they are welcome to cram that in as a filler somewhere.
I am also able to deal with not relevant stuff in a TEXT or a E-mail, but talking on a phone that somehow just infuriate me and i start pacing back and forth and are barely able to hear what people say in the other end as i just want this conversation to stop ASAP.

When i visit my friend, most of what we talk about or tell each other are not relevant at all, but it dont bother me the least then, and as you all know i am a master of going off topic, which are also often not relevant to the topic at hand.
And i also do not mind when other people go off topic.

Next up is ordering a LED trip, have promised my sister to put some lightning under her kitchen cabinets, but that will have to wait until next month as finances are now at zero.

Same here. 1 star (if real) are often an overreaction to a simple, non-product related issue "Product is great but the postal service left it in the rain and the package got wet." or a user error "I ordered the wrong thing and had to send it back." and my favorite 5 star reviews "I haven't used it yet but it got here quick" and "Easy ordering" - like ordering from Amazon is hard.

I find the 1 star reviews can be helpful enough that I always have a look at them. Sometimes you'll encounter a cluster of almost identical complaints about an issue with a product that alerts you to a problem worth avoiding.

Especially the 1 star reviews where they say they'd have given zero stars if that was an option.

I find the 1 star reviews can be helpful enough that I always have a look at them....
I agree they can be, and I also use them to try to identify trends. In fact, just this week I eliminated a number of beard trimmers from consideration based on 1 and 2 star reviews. Unfortunately so many of them are of the "Terrible Product", "Avoid", "Waste of Money", with no further explanation it really makes the numerical rating all but useless - as are the 5 star "Great", "Couldn't be happier", etc. reviews. Generally speaking the 2 - 4 star with narrative is where the real useful reviews reside.

I read the lower half of reviews. I'm not interested in who is satisfied- ideally everyone should be. I want to know what the problems are if any, and that's in the lower half. I glance at things, pausing to read only the ones mentioning specific issues, and especially the ones where they were not dealt with well by the seller. I can always see any trends toward specific problems this way, then determine if I might fall prey to them myself. If I get past that I check the newest reviews to see if the seller is still behaving well, and I read a few top half reviews that seem to have actually tried the product out long-term. You can usually tell how intelligent the buyer is if the review is long enough.

As far as "brushing" if you're a victim it means your personal info has been compromised by someone somewhere, and you can never tell how much they know about you. It might be time to "wipe the slate clean" so to speak and restart with new accounts or at least updated and stronger passwords. And as always, be careful who you deal with and how that happens, for most security breaches happen with unwary victims who weren't paying enough attention.

Phil

missed your opportunity to get into the industry on the cheap :D

View attachment 55146
ricky gervais laughing GIF

There are groups on fb for this sort of thing, how it works, you send your details to sellers.
When their stock stops selling, it's cheaper to give it away than pay storage fees to warehouses, I presume your Chinese seller had your details and added it to the list.
I've had gaming keyboard and a ladies watch just turn up at random.

Back