Need a 6 inch usb C to usb C cable that will work for rear camera in A229 Pro

Sodbuster

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm trying to find a 6 inch usb c to c cable that will work for my a229 pro rear camera. Looking at amazon reviews on some c to c cables rated for video, I see some negative reviews saying they don't work for dashcam. The C to C cable that was supplied for the rear camera works, but this is not a good option as I'm installing in a convertible with the front and rear camera side by side on the windshield, I need a short cable. I would rather not have to route and hide 10 feet of extra cabling.

Is the cable they supplied not an actual usb C cable? Part of why i went with this brand/model was that it used a standardized usb c type connection rather than some proprietary connector. Does anyone know of a 6 inch c to c cable that will work with the a229 pro rear camera?

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

I'm trying to find a 6 inch usb c to c cable that will work for my a229 pro rear camera.
Welcome to the club.
Viofo sells an optional 1 Meter cable for the A229 Pro rear camera;

Screenshot 2024-06-07 11.47.55 AM.png

If 1 Meter is too long, they also have a 50cm version for the new telephoto camera for the A229 Pro.
Maybe you can request a 50cm cable here;
-Chuck

Welcome to the club.
Viofo sells an optional 1 Meter cable for the A229 Pro rear camera;

View attachment 72752

If 1 Meter is too long, they also have a 50cm version for the new telephoto camera for the A229 Pro.
Maybe you can request a 50cm cable here;
-Chuck

So a standard USB C 3.2 Gen2 will not work for the rear camera?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A229 Pro 5
Back