Need help with Parking Mode setup

Taycanuser

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't get the parking mode to enable and show "On". Whatever I do it alway shows "Off". See images attached.

1). I go into Collision detection and Motion detection and set those at "3". Seems like "Low Bitrate" and "Low Framerate" modes are always enabled and you just have to select which levels you want them at. What should these be set at?

2). Then separate from that below the parking mode option there's another option called "Collision Detection in Parking Mode" with two possible selections-"Power Saving Mode" and "Quick Start Mode". What do these do/what's the difference between the two?

3). Then I also get a message that says to select Collision detection if in a summer environment. I'm in Southern California-should this always be selected?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_7667.jpeg
    IMG_7667.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7666.jpeg
    IMG_7666.jpeg
    252.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7665.jpeg
    IMG_7665.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7664.jpeg
    IMG_7664.jpeg
    245.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_7663.jpeg
    IMG_7663.jpeg
    219.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7662.jpeg
    IMG_7662.jpeg
    252.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7661.jpeg
    IMG_7661.jpeg
    269.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7660.jpeg
    IMG_7660.jpeg
    247.2 KB · Views: 10
Can't get the parking mode to enable and show "On". Whatever I do it alway shows "Off". See images attached.

1). I go into Collision detection and Motion detection and set those at "3". Seems like "Low Bitrate" and "Low Framerate" modes are always enabled and you just have to select which levels you want them at. What should these be set at?

2). Then separate from that below the parking mode option there's another option called "Collision Detection in Parking Mode" with two possible selections-"Power Saving Mode" and "Quick Start Mode". What do these do/what's the difference between the two?

3). Then I also get a message that says to select Collision detection if in a summer environment. I'm in Southern California-should this always be selected?

Thanks.
Uour last image, if you don’t select something other than “Off”, you turn it on.

I didn’t check this directly, but when the camera idles for a long enough period, it will switch to Parking Mode as you have it configured, assuming you did select something other than “Off”

We in SoCal do get heat, bur we’re far from summer right now. If you have batteries for leaving your dashcam plugged in and on, then select Quick Start. It is faster than Power Saving, but still slow. We’re waiting for power data from me and heat data from @Agie to provide optimal data here.

Again, if you have batteries, use Motion Detection, and if you do this, the last one I mentioned is irrelevant.

You can directly toggle Parking mode with the third button on the body if you don’t want to wait for it to switch into Parking mode.

You have auxiliary batteries and a hardwire kit?

Uour last image, if you don’t select something other than “Off”, you turn it on.

I didn’t check this directly, but when the camera idles for a long enough period, it will switch to Parking Mode as you have it configured, assuming you did select something other than “Off”

We in SoCal do get heat, bur we’re far from summer right now. If you have batteries for leaving your dashcam plugged in and on, then select Quick Start. It is faster than Power Saving, but still slow. We’re waiting for power data from me and heat data from @Agie to provide optimal data here.

Again, if you have batteries, use Motion Detection, and if you do this, the last one I mentioned is irrelevant.

You can directly toggle Parking mode with the third button on the body if you don’t want to wait for it to switch into Parking mode.

You have auxiliary batteries and a hardwire kit?
It's hard-wired directly to my Taycan's fuse box. I don't use a separate battery. As far as "Off" goes, you can't select off. It just always shows "off" at the top no matter what you select with the other choices. You can toggle up to highlight "off" in orange, but you can't do anything with it. It never changes. I had both collision and motion detection set to 3 in parking mode and was parked in a busy parking lot last night where people were walking by it and it never recorded anything.

Compare your settings and videos to what is here as it’s the most thorough test easily accessible at the moment.

Back