Need some help with cables [pics]

jokiin said:
What you have is fine, just needs power ;)

Ok, thanks jokiin. I will just take a picture now of my fuse box if i can find it!

Don't need a picture, black to earth, red to a suitable fuse, cig lighter fuse or similar would be fine

jokiin said:
Don't need a picture, black to earth, red to a suitable fuse, cig lighter fuse or similar would be fine

I have a VE Commodore and the fuse box is in the boot!

Milamber said:
jokiin said:

I have a VE Commodore and the fuse box is in the boot!

Don't need to wire to the fuse box, you can grab power from the back of the lighter socket, I'm assuming it has one yeah?

Back of the radio is another place that's common to pull accessory power from, see an auto elec or car radio installer if you're not confident on what you're doing there, hard wiring it is really only needed if you want it there all the time, if you might want to use it more often but not permanently you could always just wire a cig plug to the leads (check polarity though as the screen may not have any built in reverse polarity protection), cig plugs are tip positive, outer is earth

jokiin said:
Don't need to wire to the fuse box, you can grab power from the back of the lighter socket, I'm assuming it has one yeah?

Back of the radio is another place that's common to pull accessory power from, see an auto elec or car radio installer if you're not confident on what you're doing there, hard wiring it is really only needed if you want it there all the time, if you might want to use it more often but not permanently you could always just wire a cig plug to the leads (check polarity though as the screen may not have any built in reverse polarity protection), cig plugs are tip positive, outer is earth

Thanks, but all what you said was another language! I will ask a friend to get some tips!

Milamber said:
Thanks, but all what you said was another language! I will ask a friend to get some tips!

anyone that's ever installed their own stereo in a car should have enough practical knowledge to help you do what you want, it really is quite simple but I can understand it might sound a bit daunting if it's something you're not familiar with, apologies if I couldn't explain things well enough to get you through

let us know how you get on anyway once you get it sorted

if you're feeling adventurous or you just want to read up on things before you go any further this might be a good place for you to browse where you might see some practical examples of some of things discussed http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/ a wealth of information there if you're keen

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like your lcd is S-video input and the camera has composite output.

Ipaq said:
Looks like your lcd is S-video input and the camera has composite output.

similar style of plug but it is just a modular connector that they use on those monitors to offer a neater install, that plug still spits off into composite inputs and power wiring

I just checked the cable year came with my CR-500hd and its a mini 3m to a composite (yellow male connector)
I bought mine for Blackboxmycar.com I wonder why the cables are different

Roberthodgson said:
I just checked the cable year came with my CR-500hd and its a mini 3m to a composite (yellow male connector)
I bought mine for Blackboxmycar.com I wonder why the cables are different

I also got the same 3.5mm wire.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P CR-500HD 2
J CR-500HD 23
Back