Never had a dash cam - A229 Pro vs A329

EvanH

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hi guys

I want to get a 2ch dash cam and from my research Viofo seems to be the best. I can’t decide between the A229 Pro and the A329.
I can get the A229 Pro 2ch with hardwire kit for €300 approx. The A329 2ch with hardwire kit is €400 approx.

Are the new features worth the additional €100?

Not to be flippant but the reality is only you can determine that based on your needs, desires and finances versus someone else's needs, desires and finances.

Welcome to the club.
Of course DT is correct.
But, my vote is for the A329.
And for goodness sakes only use Viofo brand SD cards in Viofo cameras if you value your sanity.
Of course you should be able to use any brand SD Card, but at least once a week there is a post about a malfunctioning camera, and the sd card is suspect.
-Chuck

Hi guys

I want to get a 2ch dash cam and from my research Viofo seems to be the best. I can’t decide between the A229 Pro and the A329.
I can get the A229 Pro 2ch with hardwire kit for €300 approx. The A329 2ch with hardwire kit is €400 approx.

Both Dashcams mentioned do have great video quality with viofo being very active and receptive on this forum.

The A329 which I'm hoping to get to test soon has features that you may feel you need.

The A229 Pro is dripping with accessories to suit different personal requirements like zoom camera, waterproof rear camera, cabin camera with infrared LEDs for night or dark viewing as well as a new Bluetooth button that supports 3x functions so you don't have to reach for the camera to engage or you don't want or can't talk will active things like HDR on/off, voice on/off, emergency capture, turn off Dashcam, and others.
Note that you can't use all the lens as some share the same port eg one or the other. (On Rear port)

The A329 at this stage doesn't support all those lens BUT it's has other features up its sleeves, HDMI port with means in modern cars you could have the video displaying on the cars built in screen or plug into the TV to playback video without touching the micro sd card.

Another stand out feature is its ability to save file to a remote device with a capacity up to 4TB which is huge and generally much cheaper per GB than SD cards.

The A329 it's very similar to the A229 with its menu and the Bluetooth capabilities but i can't personal confirm that and are reeling in early testers feedback.

As far as memory goes, if you do pick the A329 with the external memory I expect you won't have the MicroSD card issues mentioned by @Panzer Platform. However I can't confirm this yet.

As @DT MI said it comes back to what you think is suitable for you.

Cheers.

Back