New A229 Pro owner What settings

dazzer1212

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just got a229 pro installed hardwired and I have a couple of questions about best settings

1 do I need to enable parking mode to get the cams to record if it gets bumped in to by another car.
2 if I enable parking mode what do I set it to Auto detection?
3 will it drain my car battery and record continuously every time a car comes past ?
4 Should wifi be autonenabled as I seem to have to turn it on everybtime I get in the car.

Thx

Welcome to the forum Dazzer

Parking mode is just so the car can record when parked, one of the ways is if it get bumped, so you do not need to enable this for just recording when you are driving.
The G-sensor also function when you drive, i prefer to not use it ot have it on Low setting so potholes ASO do not generate false events that can clog up parts of the memory card volume.
My own favorite parking mode are low bitrate CUZ it record all the time and have sound, time lapse do not have sound.
There have been some issues with the AED mode, but i think they are fixed now.
I only use parking guard for 3 hours on the often build in times, this cover all my shopping and at home i have CCTV camera on the parked car, also where i park is pretty dark so a dashcam would not see much anyway, you of course need some light to be able to film something, my CCTV camera have build in IR light and it turn night into day.
Dashcams have a low voltage cut off, most often as part of the hard wire kit you need to have to use parking guard, you should not use a lower setting than 12.2 Volts which is seen as a 50 % depleted lead acid battery.
So no matter what parking mode you use, when your battery get to XX:XX volts the system will turn off, if you park in a garage after stopping and the system change to parking guard, you can long press the power button on the camera, this will turn it off, and everything will be back to normal on the next start of the car.

Wifi are pretty much only there so you can do settings on the phone, DL things to the phone and view them there, i personally prefer to put the memory card in a card reader on my PC.
You should not have what the camera see streaming to your phone while driving, it might actually be illegal to have a " movie " going in a car on a screen the driver can see.
The LCD screen on the camera should also turn off as fast as possible to not be a distraction.
Really people are better off not knowing you have a camera, knowing could prompt some to behave very not gentleman like about things.

Welcome to the forum Dazzer

Parking mode is just so the car can record when parked, one of the ways is if it get bumped, so you do not need to enable this for just recording when you are driving.
The G-sensor also function when you drive, i prefer to not use it ot have it on Low setting so potholes ASO do not generate false events that can clog up parts of the memory card volume.
My own favorite parking mode are low bitrate CUZ it record all the time and have sound, time lapse do not have sound.
There have been some issues with the AED mode, but i think they are fixed now.
I only use parking guard for 3 hours on the often build in times, this cover all my shopping and at home i have CCTV camera on the parked car, also where i park is pretty dark so a dashcam would not see much anyway, you of course need some light to be able to film something, my CCTV camera have build in IR light and it turn night into day.
Dashcams have a low voltage cut off, most often as part of the hard wire kit you need to have to use parking guard, you should not use a lower setting than 12.2 Volts which is seen as a 50 % depleted lead acid battery.
So no matter what parking mode you use, when your battery get to XX:XX volts the system will turn off, if you park in a garage after stopping and the system change to parking guard, you can long press the power button on the camera, this will turn it off, and everything will be back to normal on the next start of the car.

Wifi are pretty much only there so you can do settings on the phone, DL things to the phone and view them there, i personally prefer to put the memory card in a card reader on my PC.
You should not have what the camera see streaming to your phone while driving, it might actually be illegal to have a " movie " going in a car on a screen the driver can see.
The LCD screen on the camera should also turn off as fast as possible to not be a distraction.
Really people are better off not knowing you have a camera, knowing could prompt some to behave very not gentleman like about things.
Yes I'm still confused about parking mode as I have set it to auto detection bur it seems to record continuously, I really want it to record if it detects something or gets bumped by another vehicle, is this possible do I need parking mode on to detect vehicles bashing my car when parked.?
I did not see a parking guard option in settings but surely in auto detect mode ot should not be continually recording.

Last edited:
Back