danlat1415

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR970X Plus LTE - 2CH with B-130X battery hardwired
What's new
1. Added new Real Time Clock (RTC) sync feature for the following models:
DR770X, DR770X Box, DR970X and DR970X Plus Series.
Make sure to update your dash cam's firmware to ensure support. .
2. Added Quick Settings (for first-time users) for DR590X models.
3. Bug fixes and stability improvements.

With auto update enabled on the phone, the BlackVue app updates in the background to the latest version, regardless of whether or not your dashcam needs a firmware update. Obviously we do know that :yawn:

In my case v.3.60 is offering me a firmware update for a dashcam that doesn't need it. [see thread Firmware update failure].

This appears to be yet another example of Bv failing to properly test s/w before pushing it.
Are they ever going to learn.... <rhetorical>

I posted this thread to highlight about what this app version now includes - Real Time Clock sync.

As the DR970X Plus did not have the feature to sync the dashcam time to real time using your phone.
Unlike prior dashcam's.
It only had the option to select country option, then it found the time using GPS - which due to GPS issues with some models meant that the time was out of sync by 10-20 minutes.
The only way to fix it was to do a formatted SD card swap when GPS was locked.
So they've now added this feature back in, so you can now sync it to the correct time using the app, rather than an SD card swap method.

The app has been updated to allow this feature, but so far only the DR970X Plus box version has this feature enabled at a firmware level.
The DR970X Plus and LTE versions haven't had this added to firmware yet.

Back