New Cam?

buffalonismo

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a GoPro hero that I was using but my gf is worried my car will get broken into because I leave it up

I'm looking for a dashcam that meets the following criteria:

- under $100
- is reliable even in heat (will be left in car)
- auto on/off capability
- small (I will mount to windshield)

I am stuck between the mobius and mini 0806.

Probably the mobius is a better bet, with the add on capacitor.

Thanks for that info!

I did a little research and found that street guardian is a good comapny so I'm between SGZC12SS and the mobius action cam.

I like the discrete aspects of the mobius but not sure if the other camera can offer better quality and reliability.

If you want discreet and good video quality go with the SGZC12RC.

I just realized that you have a $100 ceiling. In that case I would say wait and see what the new A119 looks like. Not as discreet as the RC mind you and will no way have the SG support either.....but you get what you pay for.

Agh that one does seem pretty nice but sadly only want to spend $100 at max. I got my go pro for $100 and although it took very nice video it's a theft magnet.

I'm drawn towards the mobius mainly because people have tried and tested them. Plus with the capacitor it seems durable.

The mobius does seem to be pretty popular, but for me personally I'm not a fan of that form factor or any hanging down type for that matter. That's why I prefer the RC style or the A118/ A119 design.

That makes 100% sense. I can agree with you there. I did purchase the mobius with the capacitor and will try to find a stealth way to mount it.

So I have the mobius and downloaded the GUI. I have the most up to date firmware.

I formatted the memory card with this software and was able o record while connected to the computer. I have a super capacitor so no battery.

I redid the settings to have it auto power and record when connected to external source. However when it's connected in my car it will not do so. Any thoughts?

Back