New dash cam with separate GPS receiver.

SteveL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I'm looking for a dash cam with GPS (don't care about parking mode), needs to be good quality for both day and night-time recording, with a separate GPS receiver.

I drive an XC90 and the windscreen has a large blue tinted area across the top of the screen, and also some sort of reflective coating. I've got a mini 0805 which I mounted directly under the rear view mirror, but the GPS coverage is very patchy, taking up to 15 minutes to get an initial fix and dropping the GPS fix several times in a 1 hour journey. There is an area about 1" deep across the top of the screen, where it looks like the coating isn't present, and I've moved the 0805 to this area and I'm seeing if this improves the GPS reception (after 1 drive this morning, it looks like it does). The problem is that this location puts the camera looking straight out through the blue tinted area of the screen. Makes the weather look good, but people look like smurfs!

Ideally I'd like a camera which I can mount in the position under the rear view mirror (so it's out of my sight-line when I'm driving) with a separate GPS receiver I can put in the area at the top of the screen to get a decent GPS fix.

Which cameras fit my requirements, and are easily available in the UK?

Thanks in advance
Steve

Our SG9665GC matches what you want, there's a lower spec A118C which is the same form factor (depends on your budget which would suit, look similar but very different products), the Panorama S is an external GPS model as well, SG9665GC and Panorama S are available from www.hiniko.com A118C is available from www.joovuu.com

Excellent, thanks a lot!

Back