New DVR-027

nard5523

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just received a new DVR-027. Pretty easy to operate, but my manual came in russian and I'm unsure of a couple of things as I don't speak russian.

1. Is this camera supposed to autorotate? Meaning if I use it screen side up, is the menu automatically supposed to flip around as well as the time/date stamp superimposed on the final video output? Feels like it should, but it's not working for me at the moment. Is there a button I need to push in order to do so?

2. I'm pretty sure the manual says it will accept up to a 32GB SD card, but I have seen on this forum that the camera is capable of using a 64GB SD card. Is that correct?

Thanks so much.

nard5523 said:
Just received a new DVR-027. Pretty easy to operate, but my manual came in russian and I'm unsure of a couple of things as I don't speak russian.

1. Is this camera supposed to autorotate? Meaning if I use it screen side up, is the menu automatically supposed to flip around as well as the time/date stamp superimposed on the final video output? Feels like it should, but it's not working for me at the moment. Is there a button I need to push in order to do so?

It doesn't rotate so you can't use it upside down unless you flip the video on a computer afterwards. The date will still be upside down though.

nard5523 said:
2. I'm pretty sure the manual says it will accept up to a 32GB SD card, but I have seen on this forum that the camera is capable of using a 64GB SD card. Is that correct?

I'd be surprised if it accepts 64GB, as that's SDXC standard rather than SDHC which has a maximum of 32GB. Perhaps someone else can confirm though.

Thank you, the camera rattles a tiny bit on the inside when shaken, I thought that was an orientation sensor. Perhaps not.

As far as the 64GB card, even the description and the review for this cam on this very website states that it accepts up to 64GB, maybe erroneously as it states 64GB SDHC (when it should be SDXC).

http://dashcamtalk.com/dvr-027-720p/

Has anyone tried it with a 64GB card?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone confirm, are you able to remove the stamp dates? Or are they automatically imposed when the clip saves?

For the specs, I just copied and paste them. Actually not sure if it does 64GB. I'll have to change that to 32GB since it is more likely.

I have read that formatting a 64GB SDXC card using Fat32 will allow it to work in devices with a 32GB maximum. Never tried it but I might be something to investigate.

DashCamMan said:
I have read that formatting a 64GB SDXC card using Fat32 will allow it to work in devices with a 32GB maximum. Never tried it but I might be something to investigate.

not in my experience

There are many people who have done this since they want to use 64GB cards on 32GB Android devices. The trick is to use software to format the 64GB SDXC card which is normally exFat into FAT32 since Windows will only format up to 32GB.

Some software that can do this include:
Easeus Partition Master Home

MiniTool Partition Wizard

Another tool that does the same thing.

It doesn't work on all devices but it has worked for many.

Back