New F500LHD Issues

scomu21

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a F500LHD from AliExpress and it had some problems right out of the box.

The main issue was that with the USB-IN option set to "Yes" the "Menu", "Mode", and "Play" buttons we unresponsive. This was only the case when an SD card was inserted and only if there was previous recordings on the card.

So we formatted the SD card and tried again. Same result: it worked fine the first time it booted, but the next time (now with files on the card) the buttons were unresponsive. If we turned USB-IN to "off" everything worked fine.

Thinking it might be a firmware issue (it shipped with V6.9 T2L-KH | V5.13 T2L-GH) I tried updating to the latest version.

The updating firmware message displayed for about 10 seconds then the device shut off and I haven't been able to get it to power back up since.

Thoughts and any/all of this?

So, which firmware version did your camera originally have, the one ending in KH or GH? KH firmware is not compatible with GH it seems (GH is the newer hardware revision).

I don't know for sure since it's not in any of the documentation. When I placed the order I requested the KH version but there's no indication of what was shipped in the order info or in the manual (which is in Russian anyway)...

I tried to update to the V1.14_T2L-KH. If it was GH to start with did I brick it? Is there anything I can do to reset it?

G,day all

I received my f500l the other day and am having the same problem.

I'm in old fart territory and it did not take longto exhaust my limited knowledge on the little black box.

I am going to send the supplier a message and will post what happens.

Although it would be appreciated if some one could give me some help on this forum.

It looks like my camera was a GH model and trying to load the KH firmware "soft-bricked" it. Meaning it needs to be sent back to the factory to be reset.

I'm working with the seller on a resolution.

No explanation for the initial problem though. The seller said he had never heard of that issue before.

Well I have received a reply from my seller and was told that while it was recording to press the record button and the the other buttons would then work.

Yeah, in your dreams.

I have replied telling her it has not worked. I will let you know if her next suggestion works.

Back