New Garmin Dash Cam™ Live with LTE support

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States

Can't see anything new other than LTE connectivity. Pricing is $5 - $20/month depending on how long you want to store your footage.

Last edited:
I am not a fan of that offset mount, it make me think it is weak and will let go in a event of the more serious kind.

Might be mistaking of course, but thats what i feel looking at it.

I am not a fan of that offset mount, it make me think it is weak and will let go in a event of the more serious kind.

Same here. Not a fan of this one.
Probably will skip this model.
I expected more innovation, better sensor, lens...seems like the main hardware is the same as previous three models.

Well i do think smarts are something people will want, and probably faster to evolve that than image quality / chance of capturing little detail when you really need it.

I dont think it will be long before we see traditional companies like Viofo launch a smart camera too.

The mount, the battery, of course, very wrong.
But the LTE connectivity it's a very nice feature. Viofo should work on this to.

My experience with this kind of mounts on Nextbase cams is that it introduces a lot of shaking into the video. Having a built in battery means the camera will be very heavy. Remains to be seen how video quality is but max 1440p30 for $400+ is a bit shameful imho

If I ever come across a dashcam with live view and it ticks ALL the usual boxes (this is based on me currently using the nextbase 622gw) , that we all know AND they don't rob me with the monthly subscription, i am willing to give it one a try.

Not interested in the new IQ Nextbase one (yet) and the only other one that pops up in my searches is the Garmin one.

If I ever come across a dashcam with live view and it ticks ALL the usual boxes (this is based on me currently using the nextbase 622gw) , that we all know AND they don't rob me with the monthly subscription, i am willing to give it one a try.
The LTE or 5G subscription will be always there. There is no way around it. Maybe some low bandwidth gadgets could include it for a limited time, but not something like a camera which produces a lot of data.

Totally agree, but the the way forward, they have to come up with a cheaper option, a bit like the plug in OBD trackers, they seem to have struck a deal which offers a more reasonable option.

Back