New Garmin DashCams

Built-in CPL on the Mini 3, nice!
And Cloud.

And a built in lithium battery on the 4K version!

Battery type: rechargeable lithium-ion​

Built-in CPL on the Mini 3, nice!

That was my initial reaction too, but then I had some reservations.

I realized there have been times when I don't want a CPL so I'll remove it. For example, my A119 mini 2 has proven to have some unexpected issues with significant motion blur, even in conditions where I wouldn't expect it, so as an experiment I removed the CPL in favor of using my dash mat only and this improved matters.

Last edited:
X310 looks nice but I need more info on image sensor before I plonk $400 for a dash cam.

I'll reach out and see if they want reviewers.

The Mini 3 looks interesting. I wonder what range of glass angle it works with? Near-vertical side windows might be a problem.
Personally I'm not interested in the Cloud features.
No GPS on the Mini 3 :confused:

Yup, except for X310, not many changes. X210 especially, not sure about $100 premium over DC57.
Also, because of the change to USBC, now I have to buy a new parking mode cable.

X210 has 2K. The X310 has 4K. All other features are the same. Is having 4K worth the $100 extra?

need more info on image sensor before I plonk $400 for a dash cam.
Not just sensor, yesterday i looked at low light footage from the 70mai A810 camera ( 4K starvis 2 HDR )
But i am not catching any plates, not at town speed of 50 and sure as hell not at highway speeds of 80 km/h

Is having 4K worth the $100 extra?
Not sure for Americans, as they often do not have any identifying features to catch on oncoming cars

X310 is $100 more than X210 which is $100 more than DC57. So X310 is $200 premium for unknown 4K sensor and touch screen

200 USD will buy me a lot of fun at the range, it is also about 1/5 of the price on a rifle i have a keen eye for. :)

Which model(s) are you most interested in seeing the quality of?

X210 has 2K. The X310 has 4K. All other features are the same. Is having 4K worth the $100 extra?

X310 is $100 more than X210 which is $100 more than DC57. So X310 is $200 premium for unknown 4K sensor and touch screen

Surely, a 2K vs 4K sensor (or a touch screen) doesn't add that much to the cost of manufacture.

I'm most interested in the Mini 3. I had the original Mini (I think or maybe a 2) and I was disappointed with the app. It was unusable for me so fingers crossed they made it much better.

Back