New ITB-100HD Firmware Update v2.1

DashCamMan

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
A new firmware version has been released for the ITB-100HD. It is firmware v2.1 and can be downloaded here.

Changes include:
- Suppressed overexposure: Weekly video recording, change settings, and backlit situations
- Dedicated recording: recording mode (P) file viewer cause distinct color
- LED front security behavior changes
- After power is always flashing, the event quickly detect when a flash.
- Motion sensitivity: Added setting. Existing sensitive
- Unit display changes: Km -> km / h
- Others reflect the stabilization system

Dash Cam Man

What does suppressed over exposure mean?
Maybe it will help with my direct sunlight & the exposure/contrast video going really dark?
I just used the "miles per hour" firmware fix now I have to flash firmware again.

I haven't had a chance to update my camera yet. Will get to it shortly so I'm not sure what some of those improvements are :?

Here is the original text in Korean!

[ITB-100HD] 펌웨어 입니다.(Ver 2.1)

[주요 변경사항]

1. 영상 녹화 설정 변경 : 주간, 역광 상황 등에 과다 노출 억제

2. 전용 뷰어 : 녹화모드(P파일) 파일 녹화 원인 색으로 구별

- P(녹색) : 충격감지 P(보라) : 모션감지

- 전용 뷰어도 최신 버전을 사용하셔야 합니다.

3. 전면 시큐리티 LED 동작 변경

- 전원 인가 후 상시 점멸되며, 이벤트 감지 시에는 빠르게 점멸함.

4. 모션 민감도 추가 : 기존 민감보다 더 민감한 설정 추가됨.

5. 단위 표시 변경 : Km -> km/h

6. 기타 시스템 안정화 반영

Dashcamman: This firmware seems to help with my exposure going really dark driving into sun.

This new firmware seems to be a lot better but then again it's fall/winter now in Los Angeles have to get strong sun flares like in the summer in order to determine.

Exposure seems good now with new firmware, sun looks like a bright white flashlight, object in front of me is dark that's a given since sun is in front of object but things all around is lit up pretty well. :)

DashCamMan said:
A new firmware version has been released for the ITB-100HD. It is firmware v2.1 and can be downloaded here.

Changes include:
- Suppressed overexposure: Weekly video recording, change settings, and backlit situations
- Dedicated recording: recording mode (P) file viewer cause distinct color
- LED front security behavior changes
- After power is always flashing, the event quickly detect when a flash.
- Motion sensitivity: Added setting. Existing sensitive
- Unit display changes: Km -> km / h
- Others reflect the stabilization system

Dash Cam Man

My patched release of v2.1
- Everything above
- Unit display changes: Mh -> mi/h

(In addition to the list Dash Cam Man posted, I also noticed that v2.1 contains a linux kernel upgrade.)

DashCamMan said:
I haven't had a chance to update my camera yet.
Did you update?
Worth updating?

Hi ExMet,

I updated the firmware this week. I find it improves the video quality on bright sunny days. The other changes appear to be minor, really don't notice them. Overall, I think it is worth it to update for that reason.

I may need this brightness patch for my ITB-500HD as well. Does Itronics have any contact email where I can request this? None of the emails I've submitted from the contact forms were answered by Itronics Koreea or their main distributor in Singapore.

Hi mituc,

Unfortunately the latest firmware for the ITB-500HD is v1.0 from July. I'm not sure if they will be that responsive to requests for firmware updates. Here is a contact in the sales department.

Ho-Sang Park
+82-31-217-1063
kwkim@itronics.co.kr

Quality Management
KIM SUNGJIN
+82-31-217-1063
sjkim@itronics.co.kr

Not sure if any of these guys speak English :eek:

Back