New Lukas Firmware: 5.7.1 with added features but no manual for 9700/9500/9300

Google

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lukas has done it again.

The new update has the following features plus a few in the viewer but no instructions or recommendations:

http://www.lukashd.com/gnuboard4/bb...r_id=138&sca=&sfl=wr_subject&stx=9500&sop=and

• Updates in this version :

1. exFAT format support - (should you use this?)

2. Automatic Off menu added into LCD GUI - (where? what does it do?)

3. Reverse L/R PIP for rear view camera added (Real-time view only) -(finally)

4. System stabilization

Additionally, Lukas enhanced the cut-off voltage and added an AUTO select option but no instructions whether or not one should use this setting and the implications.

I also found that the Parking Surveillance Notice is disabled on the device even though you can still select in the viewer.

I cant see a way to start a new discussion so I will add my issues here for the mean time.

I have a lukas 9700 dual camera and I have the "error 2" message and the unit restarts, just by connecting the REAR USB cable into the main camera causes the camera to continuously restart and I get the check rear camera message on screen. I have tried to update the latest firmware 5 times and formatted the standard SD cards several times. I don't even need to connect the rear camera for this message to show only the cable. I tried to install the new update with all units connected and still no luck. I am still in talks with the company that I bought it off through Amazon.

Can anyone advise
Thanks

I cant see a way to start a new discussion so I will add my issues here for the mean time.

I have a lukas 9700 dual camera and I have the "error 2" message and the unit restarts, just by connecting the REAR USB cable into the main camera causes the camera to continuously restart and I get the check rear camera message on screen. I have tried to update the latest firmware 5 times and formatted the standard SD cards several times. I don't even need to connect the rear camera for this message to show only the cable. I tried to install the new update with all units connected and still no luck. I am still in talks with the company that I bought it off through Amazon.

Can anyone advise
Thanks

Hi, MaximoP51

The reason for your Error 2 message on your Lukas LK-9700 is you're connecting the rear/front connection cable while the camera is powered on.

Please power down the camera,
connect the r/f connection cable,
and re-connect power.

Hope this helps!

Hi, MaximoP51

The reason for your Error 2 message on your Lukas LK-9700 is you're connecting the rear/front connection cable while the camera is powered on.

Please power down the camera,
connect the r/f connection cable,
and re-connect power.

Hope this helps!

Hey, Thanks for your reply

This is not the problem, I am not connecting the rear camera while the device is on. I update the device with the latest firmware update then insert the SD card, I then set up the device in the car connecting all cables before switching on. I then switch the camera on, wait 4 minutes for the firmware installation, then the device restarts to properly install the update and then I get the error 2 message.

I have tried two rear cameras and cables sent by the store to ascertain if this was the issue, however it wasn't.

Can you advise any further.

This is not the problem, I am not connecting the rear camera while the device is on. I update the device with the latest firmware update then insert the SD card, I then set up the device in the car connecting all cables before switching on. I then switch the camera on, wait 4 minutes for the firmware installation, then the device restarts to properly install the update and then I get the error 2 message.

I have tried two rear cameras and cables sent by the store to ascertain if this was the issue, however it wasn't.

We have had Error Two messages pop-up when a memory card is corrupt.
Are you using a Lukas Genuine SD Card that was provided with the camera?

But first, please follow the steps below so we can rule out a software issue:

How to Update Firmware:

http://lukasdirect.com/learn-explor...irmwares/36-lk-9700-9500-normal-firmware-v5-7

http://lukasdirect.com/learn-explor...firmwares/39-lk-9700-9500-obd-firmware-v5-7-1 [OBD]

1. Download the firmware file from the link above, and unzip the folder.

2. Back up important data from your SD card and format your SD card to completely clear the files on your SD Card.

3. Drag the files located inside the unzipped folder to the SD card on your computer.

4. Eject SD Card; Insert back into dash camera.

5. Disconnect all cables but power cable; Connect power then turn on the dash cam.

6. Display screen should prompt a firmware update in process.

7. After the firmware update is complete, the dash camera will automatically reboot.

8. The update is now complete.

9. Restart device manually.

Last edited:
For what its worth, in my limited experience, Error Type 3 is associated with Write errors to the memory cards.
While I get Error Type 2 when "testing" if a 9390 rear camera would work with a 9370 unit.

@MaximoP51 I am having a similar problem with a LK-9390 unit which goes into a boot loop(continuous restart) when a rear camera cable is connected. Curiously, the system works perfectly when the rear camera cable is the 5 meter cable, but goes bonkers with the 11 meter cable which I need for my pickup. Still working on the problem. My wife's LK-9370 unit works just fine with the 11 meter cable that fails on my LK-9390.

So to me (not based on the error number). I have seen this problem when using the wrong cable in the 9700. Example would be using a 9750 rear cable in the 9700 can result in this error.
Can I get you to confirm if you are using the original 5 Meter rear view cable that was included with your 9700?
As well, can you confirm that the cable worked prior to updating the camera?

@MaximoP51 I am having a similar problem with a LK-9390 unit which goes into a boot loop(continuous restart) when a rear camera cable is connected. Curiously, the system works perfectly when the rear camera cable is the 5 meter cable, but goes bonkers with the 11 meter cable which I need for my pickup. Still working on the problem. My wife's LK-9370 unit works just fine with the 11 meter cable that fails on my LK-9390.

Replacing the rear camera fixed my problem. LK-9390 now works great with 11-meter cable. Love it!

My 9370 recently began having problems. Recording error two with a diagram of a car on the unit screen and red check mark on the rear of the car. SO i ordered a replacement camera and same problem on new camera. I have updated the firmware a couple of times. So I ended up connecting that 9370 camera to the plugs in my other care and the rear camera worked perfect. Then I took 9370 camera from second car to the car with the camera issues and sure enough the rear camera didn't show up. So I am presuming the issue is the cable because both 9370's work in one car fine but in the other it keeps saying recording error two. Just ordered cable hope this fixes it for good........

Back