New mini 0803

soundesciple

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR400G-hd II / mini 0803 / Mobius + A lens.
Hi guys. just got my 0803 from E-prance and am pleased with the videos, so far it looks better than my Blackvue DR400G II video quality wise. but I'm getting some sort of sound problems like hiss and pops but do not plan on using the sound so that's not a problem.

I plan on putting it in the rear window of my car but that's tinted so how much should i increase the EV? or is it just a case of playing with setting till it looks right?

It came with FW20140507 V1.0 on it and want to know if i should update to the latest FW or leave it as is as I have read a few threads about them getting Bricked with updating.

what benefits would i see by updating?

I got the model with GPS + no internal memory and managed to format a Sandisk Ultra 64gb sd card that works fine.
Any advice would be great, Thanks.

I can not give you advise just to say I am a if it isn't broke don't fix it guy.

dpick1947

You shouldn't need to adjust anything for the tinted window, it should adjust itself, although it won't be able to see very well at night.

I'm not convinced it is worth updating the FW to the latest as yours is more or less the latest, unless you want to get rid of the logo in which case try: http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mini-0803-firmware-20140510v1.5399/

I've not seen a report of 64GB cards fully working, is yours making space for new video once it is full? In which case, how did you format it?

I've got an issue with sound too, it sounds like a rattle when I accelerate but I can't work out if it is caused electronically, as in clipping, or mechanically, anybody else having issues?

Thanks Nigel, I tried it in the rear window today and it was a bit dark but it had too much sky in frame, as soon as i tilted it down a little it was spot on so your right about not needing to adjust anything for the tints although i haven't tried it at night yet.

The logo i can put up with for now as i have the screen set to turn off after 1 min, but that startup sound defo needs an option for users to turn off, but i wont be updating the FW as yet. maybe when i get a bit more info on how to do it properly without bricking the cam lol.

The 64gb card i formatted with this little free program. (http://www.partition-tool.com/?gcli...Zls5Lsk93RMVPV6kAsxpm9hNNBBLTvFys4aAoi68P8HAQ) but i haven't had the cam running long enough to find out if it will recycle when full yet. I will post an update when i find out.

Back