New phenomena? U-Turn on Red...

McNugget

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
A118C
Not sure if this is happening everywhere, but I see it here almost daily. Florida Vehicle Code mentions "U-turn on red", but ONLY IF YOU DON'T CROSS THE LIMIT LINE! I guess some people don't understand the second part, or think that staying behind the limit line permits this. Hint: The double yellow lines leading up to an intersection are considered a RAISED ISLAND...you cannot cross that either.

hehe :rolleyes:

I once captured a simmilar dumbass, within 30 seconds he made so many seroius errors that his licence whould have gone bye bye if the police had been there to see it.
But sadly those guys are never around when you need them.

It's "monkey see, monkey do" here. One person does it, then everyone starts doing it. Just wondering if this has spread to other parts of the country.

And don't get me started on the "Where does the registration sticker go?" dummies... o_O

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

Last edited:
We just got rid of those registration stickers in the last year, back when they were in use if they weren't in the right spot you might as well be driving without them.

Last edited:
It's "monkey see, monkey do" here. One person does it, then everyone starts doing it. Just wondering if this has spread to other parts of the country.

And don't get me started on the "Where does the registration sticker go?" dummies... o_O

IMAG0476.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg
texas got rid of them in 1995. now they send you a windshield sticker on a letter-sized piece of paper, but there's also still a traditional license plate sticker for use with trailers and motorcycles, since they can't use windshield stickers. if you hvae a car/truck, they print the info on the paper windshield sticker and print VOID on the silver plate sticker. vice-versa for bike/trailer. and yet... people still try to put the VOID sticker on their plate, even though there hasn't been a place to put it on over 20 years.

afFyEx3.jpg

I actually ran across this on a police forum in florida asking if it was illegal and a officer mentioned that the statute that the stickers fall under is a 2nd degree misdemeanor. But yea I see that all the time and it drives me nuts and I've never been able to figure out why people do that.

http://forums.officer.com/t90544/
Post # 11

We get a little sticked for the window, this have nothing to do with tax ( wierd isent it this beeing Denmark ) but its just to dokument the car had its biannual MOT done.
And the police never look for those stamps cuz when they call up the plate number on ther system they get all the relevant information anyway.

I figure some politician have a sticker making company and needed to make more money, thats the only "sane" reason i can see for us having those stickers.

oh one other thing i forgot to mention (and isn't pictured above) - the texas stickers now say VOID DO NOT USE and yet people continue to try to use them anyway.

the sticker is probably also to help remind you WHEN to get your inspection done. texas recently combined registration and inspection into one sticker (used to be 2 separate stickers).

Back