Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! New here, first post.

Unsure where to start so I guess I can list off some criteria:

-Something around the $100 range.
-Good enough for night?
-Forward view only, for now.
-Small form factor, fits on rear view mirror.
-Something compatible with 2015+ Hondas for power? Is there a power socket near the rear view mirror?
-Trying to avoid cameras/adapters and cables on the dash itself. Something discreet.
-GPS not required
-No screen
-Date/time stamps in the video itself?
-Reliability

I'm not sure how the file transfer would work. Can you transfer the video file to your phone with a cable, or do you need to connect the camera to your PC?

Do they generally have an on/off button for recording? Or do they simply begin recording when powered on?

Thanks!!

There are more qualified people here to answer the rest of your questions, so I'll answer these:
I'm not sure how the file transfer would work. Can you transfer the video file to your phone with a cable, or do you need to connect the camera to your PC?

Do they generally have an on/off button for recording? Or do they simply begin recording when powered on?
The easiest way is to remove the card from the camera and transfer the files to the computer via a card reader. You can also transfer them via USB but for that you'd have to take the camera out of the car or take the computer to the car everytime you wanted to do it, and it's not very practical. The files are on the card, so there's no logic taking the whole camera.

All dashcams have the auto power on/off function but they also allow manual recording.

Hello! New here, first post.

Unsure where to start so I guess I can list off some criteria:

-Something around the $100 range.
-Good enough for night?
-Forward view only, for now.
-Small form factor, fits on rear view mirror.
-Something compatible with 2015+ Hondas for power? Is there a power socket near the rear view mirror?
-Trying to avoid cameras/adapters and cables on the dash itself. Something discreet.
-GPS not required
-No screen
-Date/time stamps in the video itself?
-Reliability

Welcome to DCT. You've pretty much described a Mobius...

image.jpg

Back