New to the site and unfortunately shopping for a dash cam

fin reaper

Reaction score
Country
United States
Glad I found your site. Within the last six months, my vehicle has been keyed twice, 360*. They appear to be random, but who knows... I'm looking for a system mainly during parking situations, and likely at night. Do you recommend several of the higher resolution cams w/o IR LED - or is IR LED worth pursuing? I'm leaning towards the ITB-100HD, but wondering if I should look at something with night vision instead.

Re: New to the site and unfortunately shopping for a dash ca

Hi fin reaper,

From all that I have seen, the LEDs and "night vision" capabilities do not improve performance. Most important is a good quality CMOS sensor. The ITB-100HD is good value for your money for night quality. FineVu would be better but it is not as discrete and it is more expensive. The key is to watch night videos for the camera you are interested with different lighting levels. Ignore those Asian manufacturer videos on brightly lit streets due to all the stores / street lights and other ambient light.

Good luck with your choice.

Thanks. Do you guys know how many hours of record time the ITb-100hd will hold with a 32g card at the highest resolution?

Hi fin reaper,

It is about 12 hours for a 32GB card.

The eBay sellers are recommending the gold flash brand memory card. Anything special with this, or could I go with any class 10 card? You guys have been a great help. Thanks.

Hi fin reaper,

Any name brand (SanDisk, Kingston, Verbatim, Transcend, Silicon Power) class 10 SD card will be fine. Note that the ITB-100HD comes with an 8GB SD card. Not the largest size but it works fine and is great as a backup SD card.

Back