New WM1 will not turn off when parked

mooser

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I recently installed a WM1 hooked up using the hardware kit (HK4 IIRC). Firmware is up to date.
I do NOT need it to record when parked, it's in a locked garage 90% of the time so I've turned OFF parking mode in the app. No shock or motion just plain OFF.

When I stop the car and turn it off, the camera keeps on recording, no change, no voice saying something changed, just hours of the underside of my car cover....
I've double checked the wiring, red to constant battery and yellow to a ignition switched source, black to ground. Since it's an older car I didn't piggyback off existing fuses, just added inline fuses to both power and ignition sources

I triple checked the accessory source to make sure it's off when the car is turned off and then even pulled the fuse on that wire. Camera keeps recording, solid red light
Double - triple checked the app settings, parking mode is off

Hopefully just missing something simple. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Just to add (I can't seem to edit the original post)
I know I could change it so that the red wire was on the same accessory connection as the yellow so that it turned the power off completely when the car is not running but maybe sometimes I'd like to be able to turn on parking mode.
M

I recently installed a WM1 hooked up using the hardware kit (HK4 IIRC). Firmware is up to date.
I do NOT need it to record when parked, it's in a locked garage 90% of the time so I've turned OFF parking mode in the app. No shock or motion just plain OFF.

When I stop the car and turn it off, the camera keeps on recording, no change, no voice saying something changed, just hours of the underside of my car cover....
I've double checked the wiring, red to constant battery and yellow to a ignition switched source, black to ground. Since it's an older car I didn't piggyback off existing fuses, just added inline fuses to both power and ignition sources

I triple checked the accessory source to make sure it's off when the car is turned off and then even pulled the fuse on that wire. Camera keeps recording, solid red light
Double - triple checked the app settings, parking mode is off

Hopefully just missing something simple. Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Try turning the cable from HK4 to WM1. Turn the plug 180°.
There was such an error on the Mini. There, even with the parking mode turned on, the model did not go into parking mode,
but continued writing after the ignition was turned off.
In the following firmware versions, this was fixed.

Tried turning the cable around out of desperation.... Nope, same problem.
The camera doesn't seem to respond to having the power removed from the yellow wire. Doesn't turn off (parking mode off) or go into parking mode (if parking mode is on)
After the battery is disconnected to reset everything the camera stays off until the key is turned and the yellow wire gets power and the camera turns on so it's detecting it then, just ignoring it when it's turned off

With car running and camera recording, manually disconnect power to the yellow wire and see if it enters parking mode.

Yes I did that (pulled the inline fuse), same thing, just keeps on recording in "running mode"
I've got a ticket going with Viofo but so far they just said to double check the wiring

Back