Newb dvr207gs Question....

Ghost09

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I tried to search around but found very little info, i just got my 207gs. I am running a class 10 32gb card and have noticed that the video playback on vlc seems to be choppy every second or 2. Is this a cam problem, card problem or pc program problem? Pretty new to all this but so far other than this and the fact my settings wont save i'm pretty happy with the camera lol
thanks for any help guys!

This will work with the cam? i tried windows media player and it wouldnt work

Ghost09 said:
This will work with the cam? i tried windows media player and it wouldnt work

depends what codecs you have installed, try the K-lite codec pack and it will give you everything you need

the other thing worth a mention is pull the card out or copy files to the PC first (if you're not already)

Oh ok, i've just been playing the from the cam on the computer, i'll get that codec pack and start saving to the computer.
thanks alot!

Ghost09 said:
Oh ok, i've just been playing the from the cam on the computer, i'll get that codec pack and start saving to the computer.
thanks alot!

yeah as a camera it makes a very poor card reader, the transfer rate is too slow for smooth playback, just copy the files to PC first would be the first thing I'd try, see how you go

Its working a lot better now thanks! But for some reason i still cant get the settings on the cam to stay, i keep hitting the ok button but it doesnt seem to change, like the IR lights, i turned them off but theyre still running, i do the settings with the cam out of the car using just battery power, dont know if that matters at all... :D

Ghost09 said:
Its working a lot better now thanks! But for some reason i still cant get the settings on the cam to stay, i keep hitting the ok button but it doesnt seem to change, like the IR lights, i turned them off but theyre still running, i do the settings with the cam out of the car using just battery power, dont know if that matters at all... :D

I've seen others like this, poor firmware is usually the problem

Ah, i see, oh well it works good enough for what i need lol Thanks again!

Back