Newbie questions

maxxwaxx

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two quick questions.
1. Some of the recordings are getting protected without me activating the protection button on the camera or the Bluetooth button. Any clue why?
2. During a recording the camera also takes numerous still images/photos. Any clue why?
Thanks

1. Some of the recordings are getting protected without me activating the protection button on the camera or the Bluetooth button. Any clue why?

In the Viofo App, check the setting for the 'G-Sensor'. If that is set to High, maybe the jolts during motion trigger the camera to protect the video 'thinking' of that shock as a critical event.

Two quick questions.
2. During a recording the camera also takes numerous still images/photos. Any clue why?
Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

1. Try to reduce the sensitivity of the G-sensor.
2. If voice control is enabled, false alarms are possible.

Thanks for the replies. The G Sensor setting is already set to Low Sensitivity and voice activation is off. Could it be a dodgy Bluetooth switch/connection?

Two quick questions.
Thanks
Except for pressing the emergency button or Bluetooth control to lock the videos manually, the camera will also lock the video automatically when the G-sensor is triggered. To avoid too many videos, you can set the sensitivity to Low. The A119mini2 will also keep a photo when it locks a video, which is why you find there are numerous images are kept even if have not taken photos by pressing the power button or through the voice control.

Thanks for the replies. It must be all the potholes in England setting it off, as the g-sensor is already at its lowest setting. Might switch it off...

Thanks for the replies. It must be all the potholes in England setting it off, as the g-sensor is already at its lowest setting. Might switch it off...
I don't think there is an option to switch it off.

The settings available are Low, Medium and High.

I don't think there is an option to switch it off.

The settings available are Low, Medium and High.
The G-sensor can be off on the A119mini2, but we do not suggest doing so as it is not so safe since sometimes we may be out of reaction when there is an emergency situation.

The G-sensor can be off on the A119mini2, but we do not suggest doing so as it is not so safe since sometimes we may be out of reaction when there is an emergency situation.
Ohh. I own the A229 Duo and do not remember having the option of keeping the G-Sensor in 'Off' hence I posted in that way. I have the settings kept in Low Sensitivity on my A229 Duo.

Ohh. I own the A229 Duo and do not remember having the option of keeping the G-Sensor in 'Off' hence I posted in that way. I have the settings kept in Low Sensitivity on my A229 Duo.
There is an option on A229 if your firmware version is V1.1_1010 or after it.

There is an option on A229 if your firmware version is V1.1_1010 or after it.
Let me check the settings opition.

The current firmware is VIOFO_A229_V1.2_20230413 with a MOD

Makes sense, but why have it as an option then?

Makes sense, but why have it as an option then?
Because on bad surface roads you got all video files locked. I set G-sensor to OFF for regular video mode and Parking G-sensor to HIGH.
Let me check the settings opition.

The current firmware is VIOFO_A229_V1.2_20230413 with a MOD
Yes, you have this option:
'G-sensor' item: 4 options available : 'Off', 'Low Sensitivity', 'Medium Sensitivity', 'High Sensitivity'
'Parking Motion Detection' item: 3 options available : 'Low Sensitivity', 'Medium Sensitivity', 'High Sensitivity'

a119 mini 2 I saw that the level of the impact sensor is high sensitivity compared to other models.
on my 2 cameras mounted side by side, (a129 plus) the a119 mini 2 locks files even though they're both midrange.
ie medium = a119 mini 2 high.
Also, the same goes for the sound notification volume.

so the high volume is too high. Each level of advice must be lowered by one notch. i.e. medium level should be high. because low level is equivalent to medium level. I will forward more details from the support section in the future.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P A119 Mini 2 12
Back