Nexigo D90 Gen 3 RVM Dashcam

Vortex Radar

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I just finished my review of the Nexigo D90 Gen3. It’s a 12” rear view mirror dashcam with a 4K Starvis 2 IMX678 up front and a 1080p Starvis rear cam.

Overall it seems pretty good. It’s got HDR for both cameras, non-buffered impact detection and time-lapse parking recording, and two different backup cam modes. I installed it alongside a U3000 2CH and did some comparisons with the Thinkware as well.

It’s my first time checking out a RVM style dashcam and I like how easy it makes it to add a backup cam to your car.

Last edited:
So I just finished my review of the Nexigo D90 Gen3. It’s a 12” rear view mirror dashcam with a 4K Starvis 2 IMX678 up front and a 1080p Starvis rear cam.

Overall it seems pretty good. It’s got HDR for both cameras, non-buffered impact detection and time-lapse parking recording, and two different backup cam modes.

It’s my first time checking out a RVM style dashcam and I like how easy it makes it to add a backup cam to your car.
Great review very thorough and seems like a pretty good RVM dashcam effort from Nexigo. Love how you gave the absolute smackdown on fake 4K RVM dashcams on pretty much all the vendors, within the first five minutes :D

Good to see they had ventilation holes at the back of the camera since it's running the IMX678, the IMX675 doesn't seem to require ventilation as it doesn't run that hot at 2K obviously based on testing on S500, VS1, S1 Pro etc etc. Wish Nexigo had integrated the GPS into the main unit though, something to work on for the next model.

Also good to see that Nexigo appears to have decent firmware support, hopefully they stick to this and offer some updates over the lifecycle of this dashcam

lol, the fake 4K nonsense is the main reason I've stayed away from testing these styles of dashcams for so long... Integrated GPS would definitely be nice, agreed. Same thing with adding WiFi, AutoHDR, and buffered motion/impact detection for parking recording.

lol, the fake 4K nonsense is the main reason I've stayed away from testing these styles of dashcams for so long... Integrated GPS would definitely be nice, agreed. Same thing with adding WiFi, AutoHDR, and buffered motion/impact detection for parking recording.
Definitely, the S500 felt like the first step to that dream but then it was hobbled with one of those crappy rear camera units, SmartSens or GalaxyCore that others use thus making it a non starter especially for night footage.

AutoHDR and buffered parking options should be just firmware additions you'd imagine, and WiFi would add some cost but hopefully not too much. Guessing they omitted this because of costs, it seems that the RVM dashcam market is low profit margins because of the slew of products from AZDOME, Wolfbox and the other culprits you mentioned in your video :@

Definitely, the S500 felt like the first step to that dream but then it was hobbled with one of those crappy rear camera units, SmartSens or GalaxyCore that others use thus making it a non starter especially for night footage.

AutoHDR and buffered parking options should be just firmware additions you'd imagine, and WiFi would add some cost but hopefully not too much. Guessing they omitted this because of costs, it seems that the RVM dashcam market is low profit margins because of the slew of products from AZDOME, Wolfbox and the other culprits you mentioned in your video :@
Looks like Nexigo has some competition from Wolfbox. G900 Pro has just been announced with the IMX678.

Details are scarce on the ground at the moment, but seems it has the usual suspects such as WiFi.

Rear camera stated to be the IMX335, which is a solid unit but also solidly more than last generation too haha. To be fair, it's probably better than any of the GalaxyCore potatoes though...

Last edited:
Anyone know for this d90 gen3, how does it receive/maintain timestamp without internal battery? Is it via GPS? I am interest in the d80/81 but I guess for timestamp it might be same. Thank you

Back