Next B1M 2.0 ?.

shspvr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Things I like to see address and add features
This a must for the cables they need to be triple shield from RF noise usually caused by spark plugs
4K 60fps with Image Stabilization
H-265 codec
Wi-Fi 5G support
Wi-Fi option to changes the SSID name
US standard AM/PM 12 Hour option
GPS logger
G-Sensor
WDR
Video Format: TS
Stereo Audio
Buffered Parking Mode enable option with ignition off *
Motion Detection enable option with ignition off *
Loop Recording up to 10min
512GB support and support for exFAT file systems
And pleases for love god stop using tiny 24ga wire they brake way to easy when changing the connector terminals, I would perf they be a min of 18ga

* This can only be turn on before the ignition switch is turn off by the Remote Pad button also in larger status led light or more illustration design display like Innovv remote pad.

Yes, I'm aware of the B2M but I have no need for any on board screen.

4K/60 i think it still asking a lot in a dash / bike cam, the it is more a video camera than a accident recorder, even if 4K are the new 1080p as everything else move on to 8K
5G for sure is asking a lot right now at least, but give it a few years and it will be the norm 4G is now.
5G / 6G wifi, that would be nice for the people that are into wifi, even for a hater like me cuz when i do use wifi i sure want to be done with it ASAP so i can turn it off. needless to say SSID and PW must be user defined.
it should not be a problem doing AM/PM setup, but somehow i doubt it will be done.
I would thing for a bike cam, you would like the option to use a BT MIC ? seem like a lot drive and talk,,,, though i personally have absolutely no idea why, let alone why some people would listen to the ramblings of some guy, no matter how much you tend to agree with the person, personally i gravitate towards people i do not agree with, to get confirmed in my beliefs or be challenged on the same, no need for echo chambers.
Me and my 1 friend, we tend to skip fast thru things we agree on to get to the things we do not agree on, and fairly fast settle on us disagreeing :cool:

4K/60 i think it still asking a lot in a dash / bike cam, the it is more a video camera than a accident recorder, even if 4K are the new 1080p as everything else move on to 8K
5G for sure is asking a lot right now at least, but give it a few years and it will be the norm 4G is now.
5G / 6G wifi, that would be nice for the people that are into wifi, even for a hater like me cuz when i do use wifi i sure want to be done with it ASAP so i can turn it off. needless to say SSID and PW must be user defined.
it should not be a problem doing AM/PM setup, but somehow i doubt it will be done.
I would thing for a bike cam, you would like the option to use a BT MIC ? seem like a lot drive and talk,,,, though i personally have absolutely no idea why, let alone why some people would listen to the ramblings of some guy, no matter how much you tend to agree with the person, personally i gravitate towards people i do not agree with, to get confirmed in my beliefs or be challenged on the same, no need for echo chambers.
Me and my 1 friend, we tend to skip fast thru things we agree on to get to the things we do not agree on, and fairly fast settle on us disagreeing :cool:
The mic for recording like it is now on the remote but make it in stereo mode instead of mono mode
4k give way more details in the video information just like when we have gone from 480p to 1080p the reason for 60fps is you dbl the frame rate for a smoother high speed actions video.
I'm refer to on board host router be 5G Wi-Fi (802.11n or newer) right now I think only 2.4GHz 802.11g not the Cellular 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6G
But with it build in GPS that can be turn in to GPS Tracker now that would cool with build-in Cellular data upload support as long is a cheap plan per-month

Yeah.
Not familiar with this one, but many dash cameras now have 2.4 and 5 GHZ for the wifi, though on some even being on 5Ghz it is still pretty slow.
My own phone ( snapdragon 845 ) cant even max out my home internet ( 1 gbit ) but i am unsure if the limiter is in the phone wifi chip or in the router, but testing i top out on 500 mbit on the best of days but are generally always over 400 mbit.
The newer wifi standards are way faster than that / even 1 gbit
They do make the new wifi standards 5-6G i think,,,,, as a wifi hater i dont follow much on this, and tech / computer hardware in general after i stopped being a writer on one of the big hardware sites in Denmark.
so long gone are the days where i could ramble on about chip set - GFX cards - processors and other specifications ASO, hell i only upgrade my computer every 3-4 years now, that use to be a annual thing, even if i did not get any free hardware like we see people selling out on youtube now performing as influencers / hardware channels.

Yeah just GPS data what would be fairly little traffic, something i am used to myseof on my damn phone, where i use 2GB/mo out of the 30 GB i have every month, same go for talk, if i have been on the phone over 2 hours in a month,,, it is a bad month in my book.

In a few months i am getting my first smart dashcam to test, so will need to get a SIM card for that sucker,,,,,,, but i doubt it will become a main camera in my car, at least not using the "smart" features.
But i could be wrong, some times old dogs can indeed learn new tricks.
The new smart camera are 4K both front and rear, but just 30 FPS.

Last edited:
Yeah.
Not familiar with this one, but many dash cameras now have 2.4 and 5 GHZ for the wifi, though on some even being on 5Ghz it is still pretty slow.
My own phone cant even max out my home internet ( 1 gbit ) but i am unsure if the limiter is in the phone wifi chip or in the router, but testing i top out on 500 mbit on the best of days but are generally always over 400 mbit.
The newer wifi standards are way faster than that / even 1 gbit
They do make the new wifi standards 5-6G i think,,,,, as a wifi hater i dont follow much on this, and tech / computer hardware in general after i stopped being a writer on one of the big hardware sites in Denmark.
so long gone are the days where i could ramble on about chip set - GFX cards - processors and other specifications ASO, hell i only upgrade my computer every 3-4 years now, that use to be a annual thing, even if i did not get any free hardware like we see people selling out on youtube now performing as influencers / hardware channels.

Yeah just GPS data what would be fairly little traffic, something i am used to myseof on my damn phone, where i use 2GB/mo out of the 30 GB i have every month, same go for talk, if i have been on the phone over 2 hours in a month,,, it is a bad month in my book.

In a few months i am getting my first smart dashcam to test, so will need to get a SIM card for that sucker,,,,,,, but i doubt it will become a main camera in my car, at least not using the "smart" features.
But i could be wrong, some times old dogs can indeed learn new tricks.
The new smart camera are 4K both front and rear, but just 30 FPS.
Must like your phone wifi with chip only supporting up to 802.11ac as you need need router with 802.11ax support I know my router max on internet is 300mbps and max out my phone the same, I don't have 1GHz way to here and has data caps :(

Last edited:
Yeah i am inclined to think my home mostly off wifi is capped by the router, even if the one i have now is a newer one than the first one i got, and before i was at another ISP and also had gbit there with a 3 router, but they was all pretty much the same on the wifi sped.
It is Docis 3.1 i have on a cable, 1000 mbit DL but only 100 mbit UL, i am looking for a new place to live though, but ATM i am a little locked down by my old sick mother, so i cant move as far out in the sticks as i would like to, but i can actually rent a house cheaper than my 2 room apartment in the country's 5 largest city. ( and 5 largest city is pretty small as this is Denmark )
We Danes are fortunate to have fiber available many places in the country, and actually a lot out in the sticks as it is problematic to get permission to dig up sidewalks in major towns, so there cable still rule.
There is a chance to get 5 gbit on a fiber and pretty much at the same cost i pay for 1 gbit now, though that ISP are still pretty small and locked around the capitol area, but i am hoping they bust out on the backbone in general.

Data caps / limits we only have on phone plans here, unless you have a flatrate one of those of course, i got fiber to my house 12 years ago,,,,, just too bad the house had to go a year later. :censored:

Just checked specs on my phone SOC.

Peak Speed: 867 Mbps
Standards: 802.11ad, 802.11ac Wave 2, 802.11a/b/g, 802.11n
Wi-Fi Spectral Bands: 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, 60 GHz
Peak QAM: 256 QAM
Wi-Fi Features: MU-MIMO, Multi-gigabit Wi-Fi, Dual-band simultaneous (DBS), Integrated baseband
Channel Utilization: 20/40/80 MHz
MIMO Configuration: 2x2 (2-stream)

Back