Nextbase 122 not continuously recording

Goldfish

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, This is my first post and also - it appears - the first post of the 122 thread! My wife bought me a Nextbase 122 dashcam for Christmas. I've installed the dashcam without incident and have been using it for about 4 weeks now. I've got an issue though. When 'parking mode' is activated, the camera will record 1 minutes worth of protected video, but then stops recording. The screen on the dashcam is still on and you can see the traffic moving through this, but it doesn't want to keep recording once the 1 minute protected video is over. If I turn off 'parking mode', then it will record for as long as the ignition is on. On my last journey which lasted 1hr 40mins of continuous driving, I only had 3 recorded files of 1 minute each, when the bad road surface fooled the dashcam G sensor into thinking I was parked. I am stumped!

I've received a reply from Nextbase Support, who have suggested that my Sandisk micro sd card may be at fault. I've ordered a Nextbase U3 micro sd card as a replacement, and will see how this performs, when it arrives.

Hi here,

The SD card may well be the root cause of the issues.
What Firmware is your 122 on please?

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi there. I'm running Firmware 5.07, which appears to be the correct version according to the Nextbase site. The Nextbase micro sd card should arrive by the end of the week, and I can attempt to recreate the driving situation to test continuous recording. With and without 'parking mode'

Please let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

With the introduction of a dedicated micro sd card for the dashcam. Everything is working fine now.

Back