Nextbase 12V Power Bank

Abby606

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
DR900S-2CH
Does anyone have any experience of this Nextbase 12V Power Bank? I can't find a Cellink B seller in the UK so have been researching alternatives (there aren't many).

I was considering hooking up a standard USB based power bank with a 12V boost regulator when this caught my eye! Not sure how long I'll have my DR650GW-2CH last with this but it's better than nothing and not bad for £30.

I live 5 minutes walk from my nearest Maplin, yet was unaware of this product, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

My 13000mAh Anker Astro E4 power bank is nearly 2 years old, but still runs my SGZC12RC for 16 hours when the car is parked. My newer (June 2015) 10000mAh PowerAdd bank is good for 12 hours.

Is the 6000mAh capacity of this Nextbase sufficient for your needs?

Is the 6000mAh capacity of this Nextbase sufficient for your needs?

Not really actually, the 12-16 hours that you are getting is more what I'm after because that will cover parking for work/overnight with a bit of a buffer.

I don't know much about the SGZC12RC but it looks like it's 12V and not 5V/USB? If 12V how do you have it hooked up? Ideally I need something that I can hardwire up and hide under the dashboard or similar and forget about. It seems most of these power banks are either USB, or do have a 12V option but you need to press a button to switch them on or manually switch to 12V mode every time you power it up (Anker 2nd Gen Astro Pro2), which wouldn't work for me. I really need a set and forget setup because if it requires removing to charge, I will end up forgetting all the time!

If I can avoid coming up with some weird electronic solution to boosting 5V up to 12V and then maybe back down again for the charging, great because my electronic engineering is terrible and I'd end up setting the car on fire! This Nextbase pack meets all my requirements, except for the capacity!

I don't know much about the SGZC12RC but it looks like it's 12V and not 5V/USB? If 12V how do you have it hooked up?

My SGZC12RC is set to function in buffered motion sensing mode when driving & when parked. The camera is plugged into the 12v accessory socket.

Sited next to the camera's 12v power socket is a Micro USB socket. It's primary purpose is as a factory service port. It's secondary use is as a 5v power input, as documented by @niko in several videos.

While driving, the camera is powered by the car's 12v supply. When I park & switch off the engine, I simultaneously press the power switch on the power bank, & the camera seamlessly continues recording.

My SGZC12RC is set to function in buffered motion sensing mode when driving & when parked. The camera is plugged into the 12v accessory socket.

Sited next to the camera's 12v power socket is a Micro USB socket. It's primary purpose is as a factory service port. It's secondary use is as a 5v power input, as documented by @niko in several videos.

While driving, the camera is powered by the car's 12v supply. When I park & switch off the engine, I simultaneously press the power switch on the power bank, & the camera seamlessly continues recording.

Ah! That's really handy then, wish my BlackVue had something like that.

Do you take the power bank with you to charge the battery at home or does it charge while you drive?

Do you take the power bank with you to charge the battery at home or does it charge while you drive?
Passthrough charging reduces the lifespan of power banks, & most power banks don't allow it.

I have two power banks, so when one is being charged at home, the other is available for duty, if required.

Back