Nextbase 320XR+

Micknova

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Hoping for some help or advice.

I've recently hardwired the nextbase 320xr dashcams front and rear.
I don't see much available for info on this model however so far I'm impressed.

My one concern I have is I want to use parking mode it's one of main reasons I got this one. However I'm not sure it's recording.
I'm new to dashcams so maybe I'm just been crazy.

When I turn engine off it turns off all as normal. Then as I'm getting out of car usually comes back on. I presume this is it going into parking mode. However as it comes back in it always states low battery.
I understand they only have limited but I'm sure it's at least a few minutes worth of footage still and only uses it if detects on the G sensor.

How can I test this

On most other Nextbase dashcams, if you want parking mode then you need to wire the NB hardwire kit to car battery permanent power via a permanently live fuse. If you don't want parking mode then the hardwire kit positive wire goes to an ignition controlled source.

On most other Nextbase dashcams, if you want parking mode then you need to wire the NB hardwire kit to car battery permanent power via a permanently live fuse. If you don't want parking mode then the hardwire kit positive wire goes to an ignition controlled source.
That's disappointing, I presumed when I was having this fitted it would be done so I can use parking mode. It's the whole reason I got it.
I'll see if I can speak to people that fitted it to see what they say

If the dashcam goes to sleep when you turn the ignition off and powers up when you fire up then it's unlikely to switch to parking mode.

Hi Mick,

Sounds like the hard wire kit is on a switch live fuse. For Parking Mode, if the camera is completely still for five minutes (the car is parked), then the camera will 'hibernate' in Parking Mode.

If your car is bumped and the G Force sensor registers movement then the dash cam will automatically turn on, record for 30 seconds and then shut back down again. If you are unlucky enough to be hit twice in a row then the dash cam would automatically record again and capture both events.

Here's some more information about Parking Mode:
https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cam-features/parking-mode/

I would recommend asking the installers to move the hard wire kit fitment to a permanently live fuse instead. That will then prevent the cam from using it's battery in Parking Mode and will resolve the issue.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Just to confirm with the ignition switch the parking mode will still work it's just if there is alot of bumps triggered it would stop due to battery

Exactly. If you remain on the switch live fuse, then the cam will only function in Parking Mode as long as the camera has battery.

Kind regards,
Millie

Exactly. If you remain on the switch live fuse, then the cam will only function in Parking Mode as long as the camera has battery.

Kind regards,
Millie
Perfect thankyou for clearing this up.

I understand how I have it I will need to start car everyday and if I was to leave for a week it would likely run out of battery.

However I'm hoping to not need parking mode if people don't bump my car and it seems to be just enough to get through the night because on a morning it says low battery.

I am guessing it still records when says low battery and will record all way until battery dies.

My car is used daily so I think the internal battery should be fine. Even if only get 2-3 clips I'm hoping to not get hit that many times in one night

Running it this way will likely mean the internal battery will need regular replacement. They don't like being run flat regularly.

Hi Mick,

The Hard Wire Kit has an in-built voltage cut off which protects the car's battery from being drained below 11.2V. This way even if the cam uses your car's battery for more than a week, the car's battery should never drain to the point of not starting. The Hard Wire Kit will allow the camera to draw nominal current from the car's battery, preventing the cam's battery from being drained too.

If you're happy to allow the cam to run on it's battery, then I'd recommend staying on the switch live fuse :)

Kind regards,
Millie

Do you have any links to the hardwire kit you mention. So far I'm ok but I'd be interested to see the hardwire kit. My battery is in the boot under my spare wheel so not sure how tricky it would be.

Then Halfords may have wired it to a fuse that is dead when the ignition is off.

Hi Mick,

If you want to switch to a permanently live fuse, then all you need to do is move the fuse position from the switch live fuse to a permanently live fuse.

If you want Halfords to do this, please go to the store that fitted the kit along with your receipt, explain that you want to use Parking Mode and need a permanently live fuse, and they'll move this for you.

Kind regards,
Millie

Back