Nextbase 322GW with Rear Hardwired

Danny-r

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Wondered if anyone could help with this issue or seen something like this before. I suspect I know the cause.

Own a 71 plate Nissan with the Nextbase 322GW and rear camera hardwired. It was on a permanent live fuse to make use out of the parking mode. Ended up with my battery dying. The car is regularly driven and the dashcam had started to misbehave for a few weeks beforehand, where I'd actually raised the issue with Nextbase where I told them it appeared there was no power to the dashcam other than battery at times (in hindsight, the car battery was too low). The car is regularly driven, roughly 30 miles a day during the week and the odd 60-70 mile journey.

I've seen anecdotal stories of this happening because the cut-off is too low on this model compared to what modern cars require. I'm actually about to return this dashcam due to the battery in the camera now lasting only 15 seconds on a full charge.

Has anybody seen anything like this before? Is there any way to increase the cut-off?

Back