Nextbase 402G missing files on SD card

Paul Webber

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, I recently had a very near miss on the motorway with a van pulling into my lane and although my dashcam appears to be ok in the vehicle, when reviewing the files I've noticed it's only recording a few parts of my journeys and its not just the beginning, I found some that started an hour into my drive, so I had no footage of this incident, even though the camera was recording, it's been set up at 3 minute files and I'm running a PNY 32GB U1 class 10 card. In the 18 months I've been using it I've not had any real issues until now. I'm wondering if its ready for the bin!. I've done a factory reset and formatted the card. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a solution? Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

Hi, it's off, pretty much most of the settings are default.

No but I'm going to get a new one today to see if that solves it, thanks.

I had the same issue on my 402, I used to look at footage every few days or so, then along with all manner of other problems like freezing turning on/off sound on/off stopping recording to name a few put it in the drawer along with the other 4-5 nextbase cams all having trouble, my fave was 202lite it's a shame as they have some good features but dependability MUST be 100% reliable and they're just not even though battery swaps under warranty.

I owned a 402g and I also had a PNY 32gb sd card and I had problems aswell with clips missing etc. I sent the dashcam plus the sd card to nextbase for relevant tests etc. In the end they swapped the battery for a better one (402g doesn't work now even when charged for around 2-3 hours) I now have a 412GW. They also updated the firmware and it seemed to work ok after their overhaul but I purchased a sandisk ultra 32gb sd card

How often have you been formatting in the last 18 months?

Back