Nextbase 622GW

Sorry that you've discovered this the tough way @SKI

Though it shouldn't be, dashcams usually fall short of meeting their promises and user-expectations o_O Which is why you need to research your choices well before buying. That's an important function of these forums, at least with the cams we discuss here. I was lucky in finding DCT before I bought my first dashcam and it saved me much grief. And it inspired me to join in with all the good people here to try to help others regards dashcams :) But the usual is that people come here only after they've bought their cam seeking help with problems, and there's only so much we can do to help them at that point :(

Glad you can return the cam but now you're back at the start needing a 2-channel dashcam with the features you seek. Make a list of one's you're considering and a list of the features you want from most important to least. Research those cams well and find what those who use them have experienced. You won't get everything you want but you can get most of it :cool: Between those two lists and your research you'll quickly be down to one or two viable cams- from there you can make better choices, and as always folks here at DCT and always glad to help when we can.

Phil
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...min®-debuts-the-new-dual-lens-Dash-Cam-Tandem Any thoughts on this

I don't think that allows multiple phones either m8 - I would contact them direct to check. (y)

Thank you SKI.

I've googled to find the possibility of dashcams dong it, but as far as I can see, there may be just ONE anywhere by any makers that can do it. Let me know if you find otherwise sometime. (NEXAR).

It appears that NB are not alone in this...

Paul.
I've been noticing their cams in YouTube ads. One which I looked at seemed nice till I looked at the specs which were yesterday's average. I know most ads are developed in-house now but I'd rather see a company focus on building good cams rather than spend on promoting them. You've got to market your product to be sure, but the best products market themselves if people find them to be good ;)

Of that Garmin, it's only 720P for the interior cam :oops: Might be good enough for in-car views but won't do much good with what it captures outside of the car. Garmin does very good build quality but IMHO still doesn't quite understand dashcams, at least not nearly as good as they do with their other products. Haven't seen anything on this one yet as it's pretty new.

Phil

I don't think that allows multiple phones either m8 - I would contact them direct to check. (y)
This is what the manual says " If your Garmin device is compatible with Bluetooth, the Bluetooth functions (such as Live Traffic and phone calls) may only be used with one phone at a time. Although you cannot connect more than one phone at a time to the device, you can save multiple phones on the Garmin GPS as friendly devices." With NextBase you can have one connection and one "friendly" device only saved. You have to remove one "friendly device" to instal another.

This is the full description

Connecting Multiple Phones with a Bluetooth-Compatible Automotive Device​

If your Garmin device is compatible with Bluetooth, the Bluetooth functions (such as Live Traffic and phone calls) may only be used with one phone at a time. Although you cannot connect more than one phone at a time to the device, you can save multiple phones on the Garmin GPS as friendly devices.
If more than one friendly device is within range of your Garmin GPS, the GPS connects to the phone with which it was most recently connected. If you wish to pair the Garmin device to a particular phone, it is recommended to disable Bluetooth on the other phone while using the device. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to the phone's owners' manual.

Seems it will do what you want, and Garmin isn't one of the many dashcam companies known to stretch the truth for advertising purposes (y) Just to be safe I'd ask them directly and save the correspondence in case you find something different.

Garmin is a good company with good products, it's just that some of the "camera" aspects of their dashcams aren't up to the level of other good cams, and they're slow to grab onto the latest technology with them. And if you have a faulty product they tend more toward doing a repair than just sending you a new cam immediately, which takes extra time. They aren't alone in this but most dashcam manufacturers do have much faster warranty turn-around times.

Just know what you're looking at and getting in to ahead of time then you'll do well in the end :)

Phil

Seems it will do what you want, and Garmin isn't one of the many dashcam companies known to stretch the truth for advertising purposes (y) Just to be safe I'd ask them directly and save the correspondence in case you find something different.

Garmin is a good company with good products, it's just that some of the "camera" aspects of their dashcams aren't up to the level of other good cams, and they're slow to grab onto the latest technology with them. And if you have a faulty product they tend more toward doing a repair than just sending you a new cam immediately, which takes extra time. They aren't alone in this but most dashcam manufacturers do have much faster warranty turn-around times.

Just know what you're looking at and getting in to ahead of time then you'll do well in the end :)

Phil
Yes. I use several Garmin products. Like the old Nokia phones, they are solid but never very exciting.

Back