Nextbase Duo hd 1080p battery replacement

Kelly_Heroes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I've got a Nextbase Duo hd 1080p dash cam the battery needs a replacement. It's now effecting the recording it wont record now.

The sd card new san disk high endurance which has been working great for over 6 months or more. But the battery runs out fast less then 20 seconds.

I only seem to find a few videos showing the older nextbase duo 720p but not the newer next base duo 1080p instructions.

Thanks

I will also add I have a genuine charger and a new cigarette socket. I've also tried a usb cable to the laptop and the recording starts 1 second and stops. The only thing left the battery due to it not lasting long.

Just checked and now soon as it's unplugged it goes of now the battery well gone now since this week

Hello,

If you require a new battery for a DuoHD, we can offer our battery repair service for £64.40, or a replacement battery for home fitting for £20.

To minimise the time you have to spend apart from your camera, we can send you a battery for £20 with free postage and packaging. This option is only available to mainland UK delivery addresses. The battery replacement process usually takes between 30-50 minutes to complete and does require some soldering. The DuoHD can be difficult to repair, so we only advise replacing the battery on a DuoHD to experienced engineers. Please be aware that if another element of the dashcam is damaged during the repair, we are unable to provide any replacement parts due to stock levels.

The battery repair service would involve your camera being sent to us and having the battery replaced. The average turn around for repairs is between 7-10 working days and the cost of this is £64.40.

Alternatively, we can offer a discount to any new Dash Cam purchased here: https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/dash-cams/
If you wanted to proceed with this, please send me a direct message.

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Back