Nextbase Duo HD - dead in a few months!

Welcome to DCT @garretcj Rather than rejecting all "branded" cams you might find that many are among the best cams. Nextbase used to be pretty good but when they introduced the series 2 cams, it seems that build and design quality went downhill rapidly. Find a better brand to go with and you might find much more satisfaction and value ;)

Cheap cams are usually a waste of money- lack of reliability, crappy vids, or early death are very common with these. And no cheap 2-channel cams are any good. Another member here and myself have tried several cheap cams and have had little luck overall with the one's we've tried. One type was good for me (one out of two of these I bought still works) but is no longer made. The odds are against you with cheap cams :cautious:

I think you're best bet for cheap cams is the 70mai, which does good daytime and fair at night. Under $40 but has a LiPo battery instead of supercaps so it's not good for hotter climates. The B1W has supercaps but a bit lesser vid quality daytime while better at night for under $60. These are single channel cams but have proven to be generally reliable and long-lasting in widespread usage. You won't find better value at these prices and anything less is just too risky to try IMHO.

Phil

Back