No power

dashcam13948

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi all,

I have a BlackVue DR650S-2CH dashcam which was installed just over 2 years ago.
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer CF 2017

Just recently it has lost full power, I have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in without luck. Checked pins and they seem OK.
I spent around $650 on this dashcam (including installation) and its been nothing but problems.

I have the Power Magic Pro kit installed with the fuse tap, which also happens to be another problem as the green power light stays on regardless of the switch being in the ON/OFF position. Key out of ignition, light still stays on. Has the PMP cooked itself?

Prior to power loss, whenever I turned off the ignition I would get the robot voice confirming that parking mode is ON but that has also stopped.
If I don't drive the car for 2-3 days the battery would go flat. I had to disconnect the fuse to prevent this, I'm thinking the PMP is draining it because the dashcam has no power.

PMP set to 12.5v: number 1 and 2 pins both up, 3/4/5 pins down.

Should I replace the dashcam? I was thinking of upgrading to a 4K camera, at least front 4K and rear 1080p but there are so many different brands and models that I am confused as to which is best. I need front & rear recording, would prefer with parking mode but would like to turn off parking mode at home and only use it when parked at the shops etc.

Cheers

I agree with jokiin. If you have a volt meter, you can also test to see if there is power making it to the camera plug from the PMP. My intermittent power problems for my 650GW was at the PMP.

Back