No Power

JWT

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have no power on the cam. I was having difficulty updating new firmware, kept asking to format which I had already done. The cam did power up after format of the SD card. I unplugged power to the module but when I plugged the cam back in, it would not power on. The module has a green light so its getting power, its just the cam will not power on. Anyone have an idea what I might try? :eek:

Try to power up the camera using the “rear” camera Type-C input / output NOT the GPS module.
If it powers up try the firmware update again with a different “small” SD Card (8GB - 64GB).
If the camera will not power up through the “rear” Type-C input / output submit a support ticket;

Try to power up the camera using the “rear” camera Type-C input / output NOT the GPS module.
If it powers up try the firmware update again with a different “small” SD Card (8GB - 64GB).
If the camera will not power up through the “rear” Type-C input / output submit a support ticket;
No Go, I believe all of this is associated with the cam not going into parking mode unless I removed all power, then it would go into parking mode, would work one time, unless I removed power again. I have already received an RMA from dealer.....Thanks for the help, it was worth a try.

I'm confused.
Do you think the camera "bricked" when you tried to update the firmware?
Or did the camera "die" of other un-natural causes? lol

I'm confused.
Do you think the camera "bricked" when you tried to update the firmware?
Or did the camera "die" of other un-natural causes? lol
Well, apparently it did not get bricked, as I was able to get it to power on through the module. I was also able to upgrade it with the new firmware for the front cam, since I have it setting on the work bench, I did not load the firmware for the rear channel (cam) until I place it back in the car. But, (there is usually a but don’t ya know….). While setting on the bench, in a corner looking at the ground, with no motion anywhere, it goes from “one channel recording” to “parking mode” for whatever reason! this will occur at approximately every ten minutes. So, I am pleased it’s finally going into parking mode but now I am dealing with a repetitive cycle, ‍

I do have a replacement coming, but, I wanted to try and give this thing a good go at it and figure out a plausible explanation, although, I probably won’t get it figured out before the replacement arrives here on Monday. I had a A139 Pro that worked great but I opted for the A229 Pro for its voice recognition. I also have a replacement battery pack coming (Cellink power 8) battery pack coming, I think that’s the name of it! Anyway, I need to end the story! This 70 year old man needs to stop playing with installs in vehicles, I’m also a amateur radio operator, I don’t stretch and bend like I used to……

Well, apparently it did not get bricked, as I was able to get it to power on through the module. I was also able to upgrade it with the new firmware for the front cam, since I have it setting on the work bench, I did not load the firmware for the rear channel (cam) until I place it back in the car. But, (there is usually a but don’t ya know….). While setting on the bench, in a corner looking at the ground, with no motion anywhere, it goes from “one channel recording” to “parking mode” for whatever reason! this will occur at approximately every ten minutes. So, I am pleased it’s finally going into parking mode but now I am dealing with a repetitive cycle, ‍

I do have a replacement coming, but, I wanted to try and give this thing a good go at it and figure out a plausible explanation, although, I probably won’t get it figured out before the replacement arrives here on Monday. I had a A139 Pro that worked great but I opted for the A229 Pro for its voice recognition. I also have a replacement battery pack coming (Cellink power 8) battery pack coming, I think that’s the name of it! Anyway, I need to end the story! This 70 year old man needs to stop playing with installs in vehicles, I’m also a amateur radio operator, I don’t stretch and bend like I used to……
Try resetting all the settings of the DVR to factory settings, and additionally do a hard reset through the hole on the case. Then set your settings again. Sometimes it helps. ;)

Back