No speed and coordinates showed

Sm@

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Hi,
two days ago received a viofo wm1 but i have just a problem.
In time line do not showed speed and coordinates, of course in android app this feature is on and if enable other as name cam or plate car those are showed well.
Release app is 3.2.12 and firmware is v.1.1_0602.
I presume that this info should be showed also when car is stop as can see on youtube, i try at home and in the car but nothing change, there is a solution ?
Thank you !

Attachments

• IMG_20230809_210315.jpg
    IMG_20230809_210315.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 13
Update,
Is the part that looks like metal indicated by the arrow within the norm?
Furthermore, the problem could be the firmware, known in its log " Optimized: Video GPS Stamp"
In my wm1 the justification of the writing seems to have different positions compared to those seen on the web where name, model and license plate are in the center

Attachments

• IMG_20230809_224754.jpg
    IMG_20230809_224754.jpg
    467.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_2023-08-09-19-23-08-857_com.opera.browser-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-08-09-19-23-08-857_com.opera.browser-edit.jpg
    309.1 KB · Views: 11
Hello, I'm the guy from that screenshot. lol
You can "never" trust any dash cam's APP live view for accurate representation of how the footage will look when download, and viewed.
Please download a 1 minute clip, and upload it to YouTube to give a "true" representation of your malfunction, and post the link here.
You can upload your video to YouTube as "unlisted" so it will not show publicly like this;

Hi,
two days ago received a viofo wm1 but i have just a problem.
In time line do not showed speed and coordinates, of course in android app this feature is on and if enable other as name cam or plate car those are showed well.
Release app is 3.2.12 and firmware is v.1.1_0602.
I presume that this info should be showed also when car is stop as can see on youtube, i try at home and in the car but nothing change, there is a solution ?
Thank you !
Firstly, please try to reset the camera by pressing the R hole for seconds. Then make sure that you have turned on all the stamps for speed and coordination in the settings. Take the camera to an empty place and run for minutes. Then check the videos in the app to confirm if there are stamps shown in them. The speed and coordinate data will be shown if there is a GPS signal. So the camera may have not gained a signal when you stay at home or sit in the car.

Then check the videos in the app to confirm if there are stamps shown in them.
The reason I said;
“You can "never" trust any dash cam's APP live view for accurate representation” and requested a downloaded clip to confirm & verify, is due to the lack of standardization across all Viofo dash cams in terms of text overlay at the bottom of the image.

Another variable is what device, (smartphone / tablet, etc.) is being used with the APP.
I have different smartphones, and tablets I use to control multiple Viofo cameras during testing.
Sometimes when I switch the live view from portrait to landscape, (vertical to widescreen) the APP will crash, and need to be cleared, and restarted.

Another variable is what resolution the camera has been set to record in;
4K = Very Small Character Size
2K = “Average” Character Size
1080p = “Big” Character Size

The smallest characters I’ve seen are the A129 Pro 4K, (they are so tiny).

Take note the TIME is cut off on both live views of the A139 Pro.
But the downloaded clips appear “normal”.

This is why I requested to standardize all text overlays for all Viofo cameras, in the Improvement Wish List, instead of having a different template for every camera.
But, I'm sure it's too difficult, or even impossible. Lol
-Chuck

Attachments

• A129 Pro 4K .png
    A129 Pro 4K .png
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • Front .png
    Front .png
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Driver A Pillar .png
    Driver A Pillar .png
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
  • Passenger A Pillar .png
    Passenger A Pillar .png
    4.3 MB · Views: 1
  • Live View Landscape .png
    Live View Landscape .png
    3.1 MB · Views: 1
  • Live View Portrait .png
    Live View Portrait .png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Hi,
thank you to all for speedly info and reply.
Sorry, I hadn't considered that there was no GPS signal at home or in the position where the car was parked and I had also been misled into believing that at least the speed was shown even if it was zero.Now it works fine, I'll just have to wait for the purchased accessories to arrive to be able to mount it definitively.Thanks again and have a good day everyone.

I had also been misled into believing that at least the speed was shown even if it was zero.
This varies between Viofo models.
It will also not be displayed in parking mode if you make the selection on certain models.
"Disable GPS in parking mode" setting.

Back