Noise interference.

CarlF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR650GW 2CH & DOD LD470W+
Hi all,

I have recently purchased and installed a DR650GW 2Ch.

When reviewing the video it seems the camera is picking up road noise but it sounds like a constant buzzing in the background. A bit like a ZX Spectrum loading a program (for those that remember them)

I wouldn't mine but my car is very quiet even at 70mph motorway speed (Mercedes C350 CDI) with Dunlop RT tyres (pretty much the quietest around).

I can hear myself talking etc and can even hear the indicators clicking.

I thought it may be the Aircon system etc. However I turned that off and the noise is still there.

I'll try and get a clip uploaded in the next couple of days.

I thought it may be the viewer software. But I've tried registrator and Blackvue HD viewer and it's still the same.

Camera is running V1.09 UK firmware. It came with V2.0 but I downgraded due to GPS issues.

I'm using a SanDisk Ultra SDXC Class 10 64gb Card. I have a SanDisk Endurance 64gb Card hopefully arriving tomorrow so will also give that's go.

Thanks for any help and assistance in advance.

Carl. :)

Hi all,

I have recently purchased and installed a DR650GW 2Ch.

When reviewing the video it seems the camera is picking up road noise but it sounds like a constant buzzing in the background. A bit like a ZX Spectrum loading a program (for those that remember them)

I wouldn't mine but my car is very quiet even at 70mph motorway speed (Mercedes C350 CDI) with Dunlop RT tyres (pretty much the quietest around).

I can hear myself talking etc and can even hear the indicators clicking.

I thought it may be the Aircon system etc. However I turned that off and the noise is still there.

I'll try and get a clip uploaded in the next couple of days.

I thought it may be the viewer software. But I've tried registrator and Blackvue HD viewer and it's still the same.

Camera is running V1.09 UK firmware. It came with V2.0 but I downgraded due to GPS issues.

I'm using a SanDisk Ultra SDXC Class 10 64gb Card. I have a SanDisk Endurance 64gb Card hopefully arriving tomorrow so will also give that's go.

Thanks for any help and assistance in advance.

Carl. :)

Not exactly sure what the sound is, but it may be worth contacting your local supplier about this. They can look at the footage and if your mic is faulty they will need to replace the unit for you.

I don't think the issue is caused by the SD card, but we always recommend a fresh install of the firmware and to run the original SD Card to make sure it is the camera before asking for RA service.

Back