Non-batteried cam that starts up with power-on

Gnarlodious

Reaction score
Question, Is there a dashcam that will start up without warning when powered up?

I have an Ojocam Mini 0801 that has been running with no battery for a few years, I took it out because it couldn’t handle the New Mexico heat and cold. After the 3ᴿᴰ battery I gave up. Problem is, when I plug it in it forces me to push a button to dismiss a question on the screen asking if I want to salvage the previous video. I want the same small rotatable form factor, but to take the battery out proactively, and just run it on-off style, but without any such warning. It would discard any unsaved video without crashing my camera at reboot. Does the latest Ojocam form factor do that?

similar form factor cameras have been produced since then that use Super Capacitors in place of batteries, a much better option

Yeah a few of the guys from the hot down south states have good result using capacitor cameras, the lipo batteries just cant handle those extremes as well.

That would work, storing enough power to shut down gracefully. How do I find these dashcams? Recommendations?

It is hard to recommend cameras you can twist and turn for the fact that that might mean the mount are not as rigid as one would like.

Only thing i personally had experience with that can do that is the SG9665XS from Street guardian, and they have a revamped edition of that hitting the stores soon.

https://streetguardian.cam/sg9665xs-v2

Review of the old one so you can gauge its size.

That would work, storing enough power to shut down gracefully. How do I find these dashcams? Recommendations?
The new mini 0906 is a super capacitor based camera if you want one the same shape, it also has an overheat sensor so it can protect itself from excessive heat by shutting down.

Also the Viofo A119 or A119S but they are a different shape. There are others, depending on your budget...

Maybe "I want the same small rotatable form factor" mean rotatable in the horizontal way, cuz to me that's the only way a 0801 can be adjusted ?

Back