noob question

ray666

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just picked up the camera from ebay and I'm not too sure if I am charging the camera right. I've connected the camera via the dc outlet and the welcome screen briefly comes on. The power buttom doesn't seem to do anything nor do pressing any of the buttons. Is there indication that says whether the camera is charging. Am I missing something here?

That sounds like something that happened to me when i first got mine. Try booting it without an SD card and see if it gets past the Welcome screen and then displays a live image with NO SD CARD written in red on the screen. If it boots like this without a card in try reformatting the SD Card you are using. Had this problem with a Sandisk 32GB ultra twice now reformatted it once on PC and the second time in my other dash cam and the card worked again in both.

The camera should be able to power up and run when ever plugged into a car no matter what the battery level is. I took my battery out once and booted it just plugged into my cars lighter and it fired up and recorded.

When the camera is charging there will be a red glow around the power button that goes out when the camera is charged.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
passati35 DVR-XX7 5
L DVR-XX7 15
G DVR-XX7 8
GeorgesNJR DVR-XX7 4
M DVR-XX7 6
Back